5 Around Door Hanger... thoughts?

Residential is picking up. Any thoughts on this door hanger? I’m playing around on Vistaprint.

5 Likes

We just ordered the same one! Changed the color and picture and stuff but yea, pretty excited.

1 Like

I was thinking a lighter color, but I like black because everything pops off the page instead of bleeding into the background. Did you do the price on the back as well? Seems the easiest way with vistaprint.

Might be hard to give a good estimate without jumping fences. But I like the flyer!

2 Likes

Its one of those things, but you can get a pretty good idea about backyard scenarios by seeing other tract homes in the area and you can give yourself a buffer for worse case scenarios. At least 2 out of 5 houses will be visible from your current customer’s backyard in most cases. You might get shorted here and there for 10’s of dollars, but not 100’s. Cheap and easy marketing though.

Yeah, I drove up to a house in tanoan and it was like $500. The lady almost had a heart attack. But she had a friggin sun room with a bajillion windows.

1 Like

With a B! :joy:

We did the charcoal one so it’s still darker and we didn’t do the price on the back bc I like to see the whole house first. We did the pricing on our gutter hangers for fall bc that’s a bit easier to guess.

3 Likes

Okay. I made a couple minor changes. I included an * to state that sun rooms are not included in the quoted price and changed the format on the back based on my wife’s feedback. Thoughts? Blue or Black?

1 Like

We have never had success writing estimate on marketing material. It’s almost rude. If customer wants a quote they will ask for one. Just my 2 cents, I love the door hanger though! Is it from WCRA membership?

3 Likes

blue. i’d loose the quote on the card and rather have a link to where they can fill out an estimate request online.

3 Likes

I used vistaprint’s template. Blue or Black?

I’ve read that a lot of people have great results leaving a quote. Its the whole idea behind the 5 around marketing concept. Some people don’t even think about their windows and this will make them think about them and give them a price range that will either make them throw it away or think, “Oh man, my windows ARE dirty and this isn’t a bad price to clean them!” If I hang 100 in a season and convert just 1 sale then it was an effective campaign in terms of ROI. If I convert 10 then its insanely effective.

you’ll have to spend a lot of time estimating 100 rough estimates from the front yard when you could put out 100 directing people to your website where you might get 3 requests and book 1 and get the same result (or better) having only had to give 3 estimates instead of 100

3 Likes

Blue for me :slight_smile:

You could say starting from $xxx. Don’t focus on the price so much. Your delivering a valuable service that customers want. You don’t buy a Mercedes because it’s not a bad price

Imo it is a very negative roi if you only land one job. Time and money spent creating the design, getting it printed, printing cost, organizing and paying for distribution of it and so on.

1 Like

Valid point. A majority of the neighborhoods where these will be distributed will be tract housing like mine. Many houses with the same floor plan of the house that brought us to the neighborhood. Once I’m familiar with the neighborhood then it should go quicker. My street only has 3 floor plans among the 40 or so houses.

we must not have those kind’s of neighborhoods here. Here, even homes with the same floor plan can very greatly in the number of windows. you’ll have a a home with 30 panes next to a house with 45

1 Like

Unfortunately, in NM there isn’t much character in the newer neighborhoods. There are older neighborhoods where this marketing concept wouldn’t be very practical, but for the most part (at least on the West side) the recent growth areas will be fine.

1 Like

“We just finished your neighbors windows” My first thought was ‘finished what’? Repairing?
replacing?..Try using the word ‘cleaned’ instead of ‘finished’.
I too would not offer a price. Especially not a Guaranteed Price! Listing the 3 packages is good though. Is there a way to put the address of the house you cleaned on it?

1 Like

YES! Thanks for that feedback! I’ll change it to cleaned. I’m from the South where we finished everything! :slight_smile:

Here is my thought on offering the price. If I put these on 5 houses (without quotes) for every house I do and get a decent amount of interest then I’ll need to drive back to give a quote and hopefully convert. If I give an instant quote then I eliminate the price shoppers right off the bat and spend far less time to the process of trying to create a sale. I’m solo, with the exception of a friend helping part time, and I only have two to three days a week to clean. I’d rather convert on a guaranteed price up front than spend the time and gas to revisit each house that calls.