i recently placed two separate orders around the same time, through two major east-coast based suppliers.
when i received both orders, each was incomplete.
the order from supplier A was missing an item. i immediately sent an email to the support email account. within a couple of hours, i got a response from the OWNER of the company, and then a second response from the OTHER OWNER of the company. There were apologies for the oversight and promises to get the missing item out promptly.
Later that day I got an email with a tracking number for the shipment of the missing item. Two days later, I got the item as promised.
I received my order from supplier B, and it was also missing an item. I called the customer service number, and after several minutes of fumbling around on the computer (during which time I was mistaken for at least two other companies/order numbers), I was informed that the missing item wasn’t shipped because it was backordered.
The CSR was very nice, and offered to provide a workaround, wherein the item would be shipped from the west coast warehouse (where it was in stock). I said “thanks” and proceeded to wait… for over a week.
On Monday i called again to find out the status of my order (the original order was now over a week old). The CSR couldn’t find any record of my interaction with the CSR from the previous week. The item still hadn’t been shipped, from either the east- or west-coast warehouse.
The CSR apologized for the confusion, and offered to ship the missing item “free of charge” that same day from the west coast location (which happened to be the location she was working from). To her credit, she personally supervised the item’s pulling from stock/shipment that day.
I received the item today, 14 days after i placed the order.
-Suppler A is WCR
-I’ll let you speculate on who supplier B is…