Advice on bidding my first gig [Total Noob]

Hi guys, I’m brand new to the window cleaning world and wanted to seek your advice. Yesterday I decided to make some cold calls to practice my pitch to some storefronts near my house. The very FIRST call I made to a Mom & Pop restaurant resulted in them enthusiastically wanting a bid!

They said they were very unhappy with the guy doing their windows. He hadn’t been there in a couple of months, and the last time he came he did a shitty job and didn’t even pick up his check when he left.

I wasn’t expecting to get an actual good lead on my first call, and I don’t even have my equipment purchased yet! I went by this morning and took a pic of the place. It takes up 3 storefronts, and has a glass entryway area.

I’m not interested in being the cheapest. I want to do good quality work for a good price, and I don’t mind losing the bid due to price. I don’t want to start this business by racing to the bottom on price.

Could you guys take a look at the pic and help me determine what a fair price would be for this job? Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated!

Here you go:

1 Like

Thanks Jared, I think I worded my post wrong - I’m asking advice on how much I should charge.

Did you happen to ask what there last shitty guy was charging?

I didn’t. I wish I would’ve but I was so shocked that they were actually interested I kinda froze up.

Couldn’t see much in the pic with my iPhone so Just tossing this out there; no more than 2 to 3 minutes per pane, 4 to 6 minutes to get from your vehicle to the panes and back, 3 to 6 minutes to hand deliver an invoice (skip that if you will do electronic invoices).

Total the time and do the math for storefront $ per man hour or minute in your area.

Call them back and ask.If they really were’nt happy they will have no problem telling you.

Id quote them 40-45 and hook them up with the inside to seal the deal with a wow factor and then get on a schedule, after that first clean the glass should be nice and smooth