All your customers called today and canceled for good

What would you do next?

I wake up, take a shower, make some coffee, and go to work.

8 Likes

Canvassing?

1 Like

Enjoy the weekend and worry about it I’ll Monday

4 Likes

Isn’t that everyday if your a residential company? There’s no guarantee anyone repeats and if they do it’s not for months or even a year.

5 Likes

Organize my garage, list a bunch of stuff on Craigslist and eBay, take my wife to a theme park, go fishing, read a good book or two, then drop 1000 EDDM pieces and hit the streets for some canvassing.

5 Likes

It’s how I started my business. One Wednesday morning I was pushing 12 years at the job,
Wednesday after work I had no job. Thursday I started looking for tools and a cheap truck.

8 Likes

Curious if people would start their business all over again or just go get a job.

… I would do it again.

4 Likes

I’d go find the next 5 people that needed window cleaning. :grin:

1 Like

Honestly, I’d proly spend a good day playing videogames.

8 Likes

I don’t really understand your question. Do you do route work primarily or more of a residential company?Residential requires hustle everyday to get the phone to ring

1 Like

If you’re asking if I enjoy the work I do, yes.

By choice, I’m able to work nine months of the year and have an income that allows me a comfortable lifestyle year round. The path I chose allows time spent with my wife and 5 kids, can’t find many opportunities like that.

3 Likes

Go find new customers just as I found the first. Every day is a new day.

Same scenario - you run a retail store and no one showed today, would open up tomorrow? Of course you would, and probably stand on the sidewalk waving people in.

2 Likes

Route work. I’m booked from now to…

Your first response reminded me how differently one thinks when they do storefront. It makes sense that the question would be confusing to a resi guy.[quote=“anon46335951, post:13, topic:42019”]

If you’re asking if I enjoy the work I do, yes.
[/quote]

No, not asking that in particular. Simply asking if you’d decide to start it all over again. Again, question makes more sense to a storefront guy.

Also have noted, some of you guys don’t like open questions. The point of asking is to find out where other people’s thinking is at. You’re free to take it where you will. The confusion comes from overthinking the question.

1 Like

I just had lunch at Five Guys today. They had huge signs that they were hiring which boasted that they pay one whole dollar above minimum wage. I was like, “Are you kidding?? They are proud of that??” Here in PA that would mean making $8.25/hr. Put another way, you could work for an hour at Five Guys making burgers and still not afford to buy one of those burgers you’re flipping. Put yet another way, yes, I absolutely would start my business…there’s no way I’m ever working for $8.25/hr if i can help it. If i wanna waste my time, i can find my own ways to do it.

4 Likes

Freak the f*** out, then figure out what went south. Have a cup of coffee and get back to the grind with my new found knowledge.

Start fresh again with (new found knowledge) and catch bigger fish.

6 Likes

Interesting I just read this today.
11 Ultra-Successful Entrepreneurs on How to Start Over If You Lose It All

2 Likes

Thank you Garry. I’m going to look this over.

1 Like

I would move 4-6 houses up from the 15+ days we are already booked out on…