Aluminum? stainless steel? brass?

Hello everyone. I’m contemplating the window cleaning industry. What are the pros and cons of the aluminum, stainless steel, and brass channels? Are different materials required for particular situations and/or windows? Does the handle material have to match the channel? What about the plastic handles? which ones have clips and are they more recommended for a beginner? Wide Channels? Super Channels? S channels? 96" Slayer? Can someone give me a quick tutorial please? It would be greatly appreciated. Also, will the handles interlock with other manufacturers’ extension poles? I thank you in advance for your time.

rdb

Cincinnati

Hope this helps.

1 Like

What he said. :D. And welcome to WCR!

Welcome rdb! I prefer the Slayer because of the durability and the cool red color!:wink: The wide body channels are much less likely to bend. I also prefer the Ettore Contour Pro+ handle because it can go from standard angle to zero degree making it the only handle I need for everything.

I use Unger clipless stainless.

1 Like

Amen 2 what Larry said… :cool:

+1

I use Ettore Brass channels and either Ettore ProGrip handles or Ettore Quick Release Brass handles.

Oh, and I’ve just been starting to use Slayer Channels here and there. :cool:

1 Like

+1 but I also use an 18" Slayer.

I would recommend using the KISS principle (Keep It Simple Stupid). For just starting out you can’t go wrong by getting all Unger stuff. Everything will match and be interchangable. As a beginner you can’t go wrong with Unger. As time goes on you can experement with other equipment.

I agree. Every piece of Unger equipment that I bought on day one, I still use to this day.

…so that would be Unger clipless, stainless steel channels for me for the most part.

Sometimes I use a 22" Unger channel in my 18" Backflip so I stick a brass clip on one side only to hold the rubber.

1 Like

I use Ettore, Unger, Steccone, Pulex, Triumph, and the Ledger now, but Unger is a good start!

I agree w/ Mike and Mark except I would substitute the word Ettore everywhere they used the word Unger!:smiley:

1 Like

Haha, I was thinking the same thing.

Like it’s been said before… It all comes down to personal preference.

I will say this Tony,

Ettore Backflip is superior to the Unger Visa Versa in functionality.

Ettore Contour Pro handle is awesome in versatility and feel.

I still believe Ettore soft rubbers edges out the Unger Soft.

[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]Who do you think has the best over all selection if you had to buy all your squeegees and accessories and poles from only one manufacturer?[/FONT][/COLOR]

I like using a variety of products and but if I had to use only one manufacturer it would be Ettore. Not only do I like their products but they have wide body channels and Unger doesn’t. Not to mention I like black much more than green!:smiley:

1 Like

I guess I would say Unger since that’s what I prefer and use mostly but I also use Ettore, Slayer/Sorbo, Steccone, and Pulex products.

I could get used to and use any of the brands exclusively if I had no other choice. But thank goodness there are many choices available. It’s just personal preference.

Although I like Unger squeegees the best I use Ettore & Soren rubber exclusively because I feel it is superior to any other rubber on the market.

I look forward to trying some of Reach Higher Ground’s new line of tools when they become available. I just may prefer some of those tools over the ones I presently use.

I would choose Unger.

I did a poll on this months ago.

I don’t think I have any Unger squeegees left - I’ve given most of them away :rolleyes:

1 Like