Am I crazy ! Inside WFP Work

…Dang, I never had that happen. If all the cars are out and it is not business hours then I would definitely wfp inside. I’ve done it, 4 stories, stone floor. Just have a wet vac and a guy with a floor squeegee and you’re good. The main drawback is those frames can hold water and then drip through, even hours later.

2 Likes

Lateral ladder movement, reaching, is far bigger of a concern for ladder safety. This is why there a requirement for a spotter above 32’.

Ladder feet slippage is more due to improper ladder placement, angle of ladder.

Complete waste of time and unnecessary. You can pole those windows trad easily and way faster than bring in a wfp.

Use 2 poles. One to wet and one to squeegee. Use a ledger. It’s that simple. It goes fast. All without a river for water inside.

Absolutely, An it’s the way I would do it, if it weren’t for those dam deeep sills :joy:

Thanks Chad very nice of ya. How do those work I mean I’m assuming they work good they better be :sunglasses: ? I usually always have a guy when needed to spot, An on a slippery floor it’s always needed

Hmmmya I’m not big on those I mean I have a bunch of indoor green pads , an I use them in certain situations, but to me not for dirty glass. What you have there is a little different , An maybe it’s a great tool let me know what you think about it.

BTW not good for this job Deep sills

Ok it doesn’t matter what causes the accident or which way is the most prevalent. Well it matters we should be aware of all inproper ways to use a ladder, but My question to you is would you use a spotter for a floor like that ?

Good point about the water dripping down after. Yes the sills will hold the water that is a concern of mine, but it’s only water. The dripping is more a concern.

I could always just touch up , ya know it’s going to be a quarterly job not that it should be left looking like shit .

if it needs to be laddered , then that’s what needs to be. I had all intentions of laddeing it, but then I had a brain storm :scream:

1 Like

Those sills are nothing with a ledger.

I would not use a spotter at that height on a showroom floor oh really, employees would not either.

Many solo guys are cheap and use household ladders. Wrong type for daily use, especially the pads on feet, very important.

We remove stock feet, replace with better ones, same as most companies.

Ledger can close those frames and deeper even.

Ledger isn’t. Working on these. Even if it did you wouldn’t be able to do the top plate

If a ledger would work. I wouldn’t even be thinking WFP

…What kind do you get and where?

Very common industry wide, get them at any window cleaning supply shop.

1 Like

Those aren’t even deep frames. A ledger will absolutely work great on these frames. You wouldn’t even need a long ledger.

Agreed

1 Like

You guys might be right. I have every ledger made. I could of sworn I brought my 22” in with me when I was bidding.
Maybe it was my smaller 16” ledger.
My van is in transition. I was near therr today so stopped by , but guess what none of my ledgers are in my van :sob:

The ledgers are deep. The pic you saw was deceiving.

1 Like

@anon46335951 Not saying this in a condescending or cocky way. Those might be better than stock feet , but when it comes to floors that are slippery there is no way I’m not having someone not spot
Most car dealerships can be done wih sticks. If there is extensive ladder work they get charged part of the charge is for a guy to spit the ladder for me at least that’s how I price

It takess one time , why take a chance on a floor that has slip. Don’t care what type of feet ya jace on the ladders.

That’s the way I was trained alwasy on slippery floors hace someone spotting. Has nothing to do with how you set up the ladders. Sure maybe you do 1000 Jumps on slippery floors An ya made it, but on that 10001 time. :woman_facepalming:

2 Likes

I get it, everyone has a different outlook on most ways to approach the same task. What works for one won’t be for all.

We Just keep putting our opinions out there for others and see what approach works for them.

I value your thoughts.

4 Likes

just seen a ladder that supports fat people! i think ill buy it since it carries a heavier pyload lol

ever hear of gorrilla ladders?

Yes they sell them here they are a copy/cheaper version of bailey which in my opinion are the best ladders I have ever seen or used.