Anybody have an Excel Route Spreadsheet they are willing to share?

Whoops and i forgot we use goole sheets not excell. Free and cloud based so if i ever need it on the go for any reason always there.

5 Likes

Tuesday and Thursday both start with a T so Thursday is represented by an R
MTWRFS and I never work on Sunday ever
An R tells me I did the job last on a Thursday so I try to get it done at the end of the week. If it’s a 1x4 job it was 4 weeks ago and if it’s a 1x2 it was done 2 weeks ago on a Thursday. 3R or 5R means it’s not on schedule. I’m a week early or a week late. Of course W is Wednesday

1 Like

That’s determined by price. Whatever price is in the price column tells me if the insides are due.

1 Like

Blue is the current week. That’s just the top of the page you’re looking at. There are jobs for every day of the week further down.

1 Like

Based on a four week cycle. The master has 12 weeks at a glance. Thirteen periods a year.

1 Like

Old school not fancy. My routes for the week are paper on a very small clip board in the truck.

1 Like

Great idea Luke. I rhink I’ll do that. As long as I can use the same columns and print out hard copies. Is it kinda like excel on a cloud?

PS
Clouds make me nervous
They could loose everything
Is that a ridiculous fear?

3 Likes

Wow like the idea of cloud based. That’s cool :sunglasses:

3 Likes

I like to hold onto mine like gold.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing that :scream::man_facepalming:

1 Like

No problem. :joy:

1 Like

just curious how it would be less complicated bunching together routes with excel?

All I do is put stops in this town here and stops in that town there. Early stuff in the morning, stuff that doesn’t matter when in the afternoon.

2 Likes

Thanks , we have been using it more and more now that reanna and i are splitting up for storefronts . She takes the paper copy account list and i have my cloud account list.

3 Likes

Yes the same . Ive used it for years no problems…its google cmon lol :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Mike you can download a copy anytime you want. That way you have a backup.

While it is Google, any service can have a problem. Even Microsoft has had major unrecoverable losses, so for something as precious as a customer list i would say make periodic backups.

4 Likes

You can get a free knock off version of Microsoft office downloaded to your computer over the internet. Very basic but good enough for me. Open Office 4.1.1 worked fine for me. Now I’ve got Microsoft Office but it’s no big deal because I don’t use the extra buttons and bells.

4 Likes

[quote=“IronLionZion, post:33, topic:43191”]
just curious how it would be less complicated bunching together routes with excel?

All I do is put stops in this town here and stops in that town there.[/quote]

For me, the one advantage to using a digital spreadsheet to organize routes is I can move things around with a few clicks of a button. Being new to storefront route work I’m moving them and changing things in my book until I get it figured out.

That’s a good idea, thanks.

2 Likes

Thanks for the info Luke. Do you know if Excel and Google Sheets are interchangeable? Can I transfer excel to google sheets, and vice versa?

It may come to a point where all you really need a schedule for is to be able to know where your open days are for random job placement.

After a few years of route work you should know where and when you’ll be somewhere without even looking at a schedule.

In terms of the point and click to move things around, I get that. It may be a tad easier(its all energy so you either put it here or there) but by filling in the blanks by hand and really thinking the route through may, IMO, be the most gratifying part of your scheduling process. You get a real sence for control over your time.

1 Like

Hard to beat this calendar app on an iPhone. Drag and drop appointments. Color coded. I use it for all my big stuff. An hour and up.

Calendars 5 - Daily Planner and Task Manager by Readdle Inc.

2 Likes