Anyone see a slow down yet?

Agreed. Unfortunately, this whole situation is moving so quickly that I think it is hard to keep up, for all of us. I’m encouraged by the steps taken in the last week in the US, but I believe the president even said they would re-evaluate after 15 days. He also indicated that he is aware this could be a major problem until July or August.

My slow down started with intermittent rain at the end of February, which in this area is expected. But the CoVid-19 scare has made it so that no calls are coming in and my monthly/quarter calls are being deferred to the end of April and beginning May.
This is not the same type of event that spurred the 2008 collapse but it has the potential to be even greater if not managed properly. Too many people are sheeple and base their actions or reactions on other’s words or behaviors.
I do fear we will have many of our colleagues lose their businesses and with the influx of laid-off and terminated workers, the market will the flooded with skilled and non-skilled laborers that will make it difficult to find employment. This is good for employers if the work is there. I am afraid the work will not spring back as rapidly in Las Vegas; we get those that have the cash to spare or do not care. As others have said, tighten that belt strap and clinch those dollars harder.

2 Likes

Wet sealing is another word for caulking. When a window leaks or any joint that has caulking in it (or had it and needs it again) I’ll get a call and either remove the old joint and backer rod and put in a new joint (simply put, taking out the old and putting in new) so it stops leaking.

Its a guessing game just like when a roof leaks. So far, no call backs to date.

1 Like