Anyone try the Housecall App

Keeps getting better, smoother and some nice new features

1 Like

That would be a great intergration with RB but I think they have to much overlap so they are more competitors vs collaborators

I signed up in october and have been happy with it. I am mostly residential and commercial jobs that are quarterly, so it is a good fit for me. I did the customer factor for the first month and i will say it was more detailed but i hated the app for my iPhone. The app for hcp was so easy and nice to use that it was an easy discision for me. I operate my business almost entirely from my phone so i love it. I guess if hcp had the detail of tcf or tcf had an app that i liked it would be the best of both. Ill be staying with them at this point, the things they canā€™t do are minimal in my eyes.

1 Like

I think Iā€™m gonna give BreezeWorks another trial run. Theyā€™ve been updating regularly, and most (if not all) of the features I mentioned above, HCP still hasnā€™t implemented.

Theyā€™ve also added the option to integrate with Square for payments, which apart from the service fees, I actually prefer over HCPā€™s Stripe-based payment system. Too much manual entry for my taste, and I like that Square supports chip-cards. And finally, Square offers the option of offline card processing (last I knew), so the point made about no ā€œfull offline supportā€ might be moot now.

1 Like

Alex you still using housecall?

Are you currently using HCP? They now have an option to add non work events to the schedule. I like this as I can add congregation responsibilities to my schedule and not forget about them when scheduling work.

2 Likes

An offline option would be good too! @HouseCallPro. Weā€™re often in the mountains with no cell service. If no wifi available we have to close it out when we get back to a coverage area.

1 Like

Yea thatā€™s what I do as well

Yep, Iā€™m still using HCP at the moment. The non-work tasks is an ok workaround I guess, but it still requires double entry and extra diligence to make sure Iā€™m entering everything.

Also trying to get my wife setup to do most of the office tasks before spring, and I honestly find the UI a little frustrating and counter-intuitive. I have no doubts in her ability to catch on to it, but if Iā€™m frustrated while trying to show her the ropes, it wonā€™t go well, lolā€¦

And having the iCal integration would be reqlly helpful, since our calendars sync via iCloud. Anything I can do to simplify the workflow, the better off weā€™ll be.

1 Like

Are you talking about their online ui or mobile app? I really canā€™t stand doing any scheduling on the online portal on our laptop.

Yeah, the online desktop UI stinks. But if sheā€™s estimating and booking jobs from home, I donā€™t see how it makes sense to try and do all of that from her phone.

Funny I prefer the online vs mobile for scheduling I can faster

1 Like

Yeah we usually have our iPad with the app in hand when scheduling.

wait are you guys all witnesses too? @Streakerfree @Infinity @CAS

4 Likes

Yep!

2 Likes

And many more, hereā€¦ :smile:

4 Likes

Well Iā€™m tired, Just read through this whole thread. I am trying to make a choice on some new software and was going to give Housecall a try, but I must be missing something.
It list at the basic version as $49 a month and the version with Quickbooks and marketing at $109 a month.
Is that what you guys are paying. Seemed like I remember reading in the $20-$30 a month range.
Thanks
Joe

They recently raised their prices. Itā€™s a good value for all they offer. If you are or plan to use Responsibid and SendJim you may want to look elsewhere like Service Monster, The Customer Factor, or Jobber.

If you do go with HCP be sure to mention youā€™re a WCRA member.

Thanks, I talked to one of their reps for a while. It seems like you canā€™t add documents to estimates at this point. They suggested I take a picture of the document and try adding it that way. So thatā€™s a bummer. I have really drug my feet on the CRM side and now I am getting enough customers where things are going to fall through the cracks.
Still not sure what I am going to do. I had TCF at one point but it didnā€™t work well for me. Iā€™ll probably take a look at Jobber later this week. Thanks for the heads up on Service Monster.
Joe

1 Like

You can add attachments to estimates we always do using HCP