Are huck towels and surgical towels the same thing?

Are the old heavier weight hospital towels and the new lighter weight hospital towels both called huck or surgical towels? Are the terms truly interchangeable or do they reference different style towels?

Its the same thing…

We sell a lot of huck towels and when we get an order of them they are always different.

Could be: sizing, color, thickness, new, old etc…

The green ones I purchase now-and-again at my local janitorial supply are heavier.

I believe some hucks are intentially made for window cleaning. Others are just reclaimed surgical towels. he original hucks I got when I started in 2007 were awesome and from what I understand they were made in India. My local supplier has some now from China and they are lousy.

I love the green ones…if I could buy a truck load, I would…just in case I lose my scrim again…

I got a few greens from Colker years ago, but they’re long gone. I’d love to get a hold of some again!

I asked my question because I have some older thicker ones. I thought maybe the old ones were surgical towels and the new ones were hucks. Guess not. Does WCR have the thick ones?

I see a market opening up, who’s going to be the first supplier to cater to this specific need. They are out there…who is supplying the countries hospitals with green hucks…Chris, Alex…get your minions on this mystery.

Huck / Surgical towels are a tricky animal… We have the thinner version in now. Ideally we would like to be able to carry 3-4 different types and colors. We are known to have very high quality ones as we inspect every single one by hand and only release the perfect ones. We reject a good portion of them…

By reject I mean sell the crappy ones to ACWC :slight_smile:

The suppliers of these things come and go over the years we have bought from probably 10 different sources 1/2 of them are gone now. It is a known issue though and we are working on it…

thanks guys

if you supplied the best hucks, the tight woven, thicker type…you’d have every window cleaner in the country buying hucks from you. I have a bunch I just brought out that i bought about a year ago, they suck…you can practicly see through them. I have to use 3-4 of those vs. one thicker better quality towel. Scrim works…but…I have to use hucks for the grungy dirty junk…If anyone can figure out a way to provide for the masses…its WCR. Get crackin. : )

For grungy dirty junk, I use those cheap yellow microfibers from Costco.

I received high-quality, absorbent towels as a result of my last huck order from WCR.

Really…I should have ordered some…instead…more English beach towels…possible fail.

Dave you want a sample one? Ill shoot it out to you see what you think of the current batch.

really? for sure! Thanks!

They are the same, however if a client asks, I use high quality, lint free surgical towels :slight_smile:

old thread, i know, but i was wondering if there was a way to order the thicker ones yet. i got some in a previous order and was spoiled by them. just ordered 2 dozen and was disappointed to see the thinner ones. i’ll still use them but if i could order the others i would certainly spend more money :slight_smile:

I ordered some here a bit ago, better than my super thin ones I had…bigger too. But they weren’t like the green tight woven super duper killer ones I yearn for.

Ahhh, the good old days… :smiley:

I’m tellin ya, between the hucks and the beards…I’m at a loss