Are sectional ladders lighter and easier to carry than extension ladders?

Disclaimer:
The reason I “went there” was because I worked with a guy who was about 6’ 5" and could “double step/skip” rungs.

• and I needed a way to keep up. :blush:
1 Like

Now we’re cookin’ with gas! Finally someone gets it.

1 Like

6 Likes

I think that was the same image @Diamondridge used.

When I asked that he prove he actually owned a set of piece ladders… when he claimed how useless they were.

• trying to be funny, and think we’d blow it off.

What ever happened to him?

Proly tried to use that thing…:grimacing:

Ermegerd!

IMG_0726.HEIC (2.8 MB)

This once a year clean used to be a pain to bring in my extension ladder. It would involve moving a lot of the furniture. Speed clean kit would leave a haze due to the tint. Using a stack minimized moving furniture.

@BostonMike, thought you’d get a kick out of this. Found in a customer’s home:

They’re missing a pointed top. Otherwise I would offer to buy it from them in a heartbeat. Also, the half section is like what @RoysKeen was selling a little while ago. No yokes, just stumps.

The weight is comparable to the metallics. Maybe a pound more per section. But not a real noticeable difference.

I had never heard of Gold Medal ladders before. Interesting bit of history, there. End of an era; ladder factory to be demolished soon - Owego Pennysaver Press

3 Likes

Thanks Alex: Great Stuff! I like the directions on the ladder the best. No higher than 31ft. That’s six sectionals. :sunglasses:

Just enlarged the picture a bit to see if that half section had ladder yokes on the bottom. Looks like another non v tip top section. Made of wood. That makes it official old school. Geez. Learn something new every day. @RoysKeen

3 Likes

just saw the image. i do windows like all the time, very common here. haven’t used a ladder in 4 years. moerman now makes it so easy.