Are sectional ladders lighter and easier to carry than extension ladders?

I will def. keep my extensions cause my one employee will still use them for sure, he is not big about change. But for myself i am going to use the sectionals

Is a spanner section available for your LB rack?

I can add a third WeatherGuard section, for example, to the roof of my cargo van for shorter ladders (than the 24’ - 40’ I can now.)

Perhaps one day your opinion will be reality, like the opinions of others… :slight_smile:

Similar, except you’re carrying around an extra piece. I think it’s easier to carry around less stuff, but what do I know about reality and production. :slight_smile:

Love, love, love the Steconne Featherweights! So do my employees.

1 Like

I hope not. Reality can suck sometimes. :slight_smile:

You should get two 6’ mid sections one 6’ v groove top one 6’ base section and a 4’ mid section for good measure and then stick some louisville or level lok levelers on there it will be the bomb. total cost about $1,000 totally worth it thats what I got. you can get a silicone based ladder cap that will keep it from marking up paint on walls or stucco.

1 Like

Most people are saying get 6ft top, 2 6ft middles, a 4ft middle, and a 6ft base. Then you have Seth saying that you should get a 8ft top section.

I think Seth makes more sense here. Taking into consideration that sectionals should not go past 24ft. Seth’s suggestion makes more sense. If I purchase a 8ft top, with a 6ft middle and a 4 ft. middle and a 6ft base. I can get the same height’s with buying one less section than I could with the 6ft top suggestions.

For example, I could use 8 ft top, 4ft. middle, 6 ft base. That gets me 18ft. With the 6ft. top and 6ft. middle, 6ft. base also gets me 18ft. That’s a wash.

I could use 8 ft top, with a 6ft. middle, 4ft. middle, 6ft. base. That gets me 24ft. You can also use 6ft top, 6ft middle, another 6ft middle and the 6ft base to get you 24 ft. also.

Finally, you cans use 8ft top, 6ft middle and 6ft base to get you 20ft. With the other suggestion you can use 6ft. top with 6ft. middle, 4 ft. middle and a 6ft. base which gives you 22ft. Which is an odd height considering I used mainly 20ft extension and 24ft extension ladder. The 22ft. height is really not needed.

So, as you can see you can get basically the same heights with having to buy one less section if you use the 8 ft. top.
The only difference is the 20ft. height with the 8ft top and the 22 ft. height with the six ft. top. Personally, i’d rather be able to have the 20ft height to my arsenal rather than the 22 ft.

What does everyone think?

Joe
You loose one foot on every section when you put them together. (you do not loose a ft on top section)

PS
So 4 six ft sections will reach 21ft. Add one four ft. half section and you can reach 24ft.

Levelers or pivot tool for stairs with sectionals?

What Mike said

Levelers !!!

DD

Neither! Flip the ladder and use it up side down.

1 Like

I’d only do that if the ladder won’t fit on the steps, and when you do do that, you always want to start up with your foot going up the very center of the rung to keep the weight in the center, otherwise it may roll !

Dr. Dange

I would like to know why you would MUST NOT leg levelers??

Some people like the Pivit Tool over Ladder Levelers, because they feel there is little to no chance for failure, because of no moving parts. Where different levelers have caused injuries or worse in the past. I have both!

At least we have things like ladder wars to take the place of Soap Wars. :wink:

over here in England ,we do not have sectionals as far as i know. they look to be a great idea and look as if they are made with great care by a craftsman from what iv seen in videos .
Pointer ladders are common here for use by window cleaners ,that is an extension ladder with a pointed top and splayed legs at the bottom. i understand one of the makers is now making them without the bottom legs splayed,general opinion is that its a very dangerous move to make them without splaying

Back to the eight foot top vs six foot top debate. Two sections with an 8ft top is 13ft tall. Two sections with a 6ft top is only 11ft tall. I think Seth told me along time ago that the 13ft ladder is very functional, he loves it.

How can that be? I thought you only lost one foot per section? So, a six foot base and a six foot middle plus a six foot top would be 16ft. And with a 8 foot top would be 18 feet.

Yes Joe. We loose one ft off every section when we put them together except for the top piece.