Audiobooks-Listen while you work

About a year ago I was greatly against audiobooks just because of how much more a person retains if you actually read it compared to just listen. The issue was I never made the time to consistently read. I got an audible account and I love it. The one book I would recommend to everyone on here is “10X” by Grant Cardone. It’s all about the true effort it’s going to take to get where you really want to be. Secondly it’s about not basing your goals on your current ability you basically need to multiply them by 10 (hence 10x). What are some audiobooks you listen to and recommend for other window cleaners?

2 Likes

My cousin works a lot better when he listens to his audiobooks. I’m setting up a business account so every month he can get 3 audiobooks, it’s incentive based on work production and honestly I like to have perks of the JOB for my guys.

Incentives create a great work attitude, implement them when you can.

I can’t get into reading or even the audio books.

It’s talk radio all day for me

1 Like

What station?

That’s a great idea. My buddy owns a pretty substantial lawn business and
he does the same thing. Business account for employees. Talk radio man
shoot me. I guess if it was more along the lines of podcasts I could take
it but politics or sports non stop, that just isn’t for me.

Yes, politics is my daily deal.

1 Like

The E Myth Revisited and Profit First.

The Rise of Superman and The Subtle Art of Not Giving A F**k are my 2 recent favorites.

2 Likes

X-Wing podcasts and Pandora stations for me.

1 Like

Pretty much talk radio podcasts or EDM.

As far as audiobooks go, “Elegant Universe” and “E=MC2 an autobiography” were a good ones. Atlas Shrugged. Anything by Vince Flynn. Rework. Pilgrim’s Progress.

But as far as business book? Naw.

What about profit first?

1 Like

I’ve heard the Rush Limbaugh opening Chime since as long as I can remember (3 years old) I’m right there with ya!

1 Like

I just finished a C.S. Lewis book on audio

It’s really fun to do fiction while working occasionally too. You get lost in an awesome story. Some of my favorites have been Randy Alcorns Dominion, Deception series.

Deception by Randy Alcorn
https://itunes.apple.com/us/audiobook/deception/id302652577

I also podcast Christian Hip Hop stations (Yes Christian Hip Hop) . Wade O radio and Rapzillas podcast.
‎Wade-O Radio Weekly Podcast on Apple Podcasts

Which CS Lewis book? I think Mere Christianity is a must read. The Problem of Pain is good, but it’s more like graduate philosophy. The Abolition of Man was excellent and The Great Divorce was great fiction.

@JaredAI Actually it was the Screwtape Letters … it was really good.

1 Like

Screwtape letters are awesome.

Input from the roof cleaner. :grinning:

I don’t mind an occasional check of the phone or answering important calls, other than that, no earbuds allowed, period. We are on ladders and roofs all day and communication is a big part of our routine.

I am a big bookworm, after work though. Talk radio is king.

1 Like

Our hands-free headsets are also incorporating to our safety program because u can make a phone call hands-free as well as listen to a program

1 Like

How do you have this setup Jeff?

We use a LG wireless with retractable ear buds.

Preprogram 911 and each employee and office numbers for voice calling. Also has exterior speaker option.

1 Like