Awnings

Does anyone clean awnings? I have been getting a lot of requests on my commercial route. I’m wondering if my water fed pole is a good option for this. Some are pretty high up and somewhat difficult to get too. But with my pole it would be way more accessible. I was just wondering if anyone had done this with success? Or if there is a better way to do it. Thanks!

No your WFP is not a good option to soft wash.

The best way to clean any outdoor surface is to soft wash, firstly you need to identify what the soilage is, is it organic or road dust/pollution or a mix of the 2. once you figure out what you are cleaning off you can clean it several ways you can use a pressure washer and downstream or use a soft wash set up with either battery or AC power to use a hotter mix to clean more stubborn soilage.

I mean you can use a WFP to clean it and it may clean it somewhat however if the surface has sun exposure (being awnings would suggest that is why they are there) then they will have surface oxidization which when you use your brush on will cause brush strokes on the oxidization which is why it is never a good idea to use a WFP to soft wash as you can make the surface look worse and like it needs to be repainted because you aggressively cleaned a surface and was not an even job.

Soft washing is generally a touch free process, you apply the appropriate chemicals/soaps, let them dwell and rinse. Its pretty fast and effortless if you do it properly.