Back flip/Vice versa

Does anyone still use these?

Once in while

1 Like

The back flip is a solid tool.

3 Likes

I still use the back flip. It’s perfect for commercial transoms. I can close out all the way on the ledges.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback

Standard channels only?

The backflip only accepts standard channels. I have been thinking about switching out the hardware for the Super channel one.

I have a sorbo channel in mine just switched out the bottom plate (holder)? Thing. Works fine

3 Likes

I thought it was possible. I have a sorbo channel lying around. I think I will give it a go.

2 Likes

The backflip/vice versa seem to work best for guys who do straight pulls. If you’re into fanning, the Wagtail is hard to beat as a pole-only tool.

To answer your question: Yes plenty of people still use them. While no longer considered “cutting edge” equipment, they still do the job they were designed to do.

1 Like

been using the ettore backflip for 20 years .
Great tool for commercial

2 Likes

The handles aren’t quick release are they?

The unger version is ,but if converted to take a wide channel it wouldn’t be. There’s a quick release kit out there that can be added to a standard handle.

1 Like

Have you looked at the Moerman Combinator?

I’ve checked it out. I’m a newbie. I’m stuck at what I want to buy. Trying to do residential and store fronts.

Have you made any purchases yet, or are you still in the planning phase?

I bought some squeegees and some mops from the depot. Want to upgrade but still in planning phase.hope to launch alittle after the new year. Part time for now and hopefully into a full time

1 Like

That’s good then you have tools to get started already. This might not be a popular opinion but it doesn’t matter if they are from HD. They’ll get a storefront or residential window as clean as anything if you know how to use them. Eventually, yes, you’ll want to upgrade and the multitude of choices can seem daunting. But the longer you hold off and just focus on gaining experience doing the work and making money at it, the easier it will be to define your equipment needs and the wiser you’ll be when it comes to choosing new gear.

Just remember that skills are more important than tools, so don’t feel like you can’t run a good business unless you’ve got the latest and greatest. Guys were supporting their families with brass squeegees and boar brushes for decades before this modern age of innovation came along. So before you go and spend money on doodads and upgraded equipment, maybe try to take a step back and ask yourself if you’re really getting all you can out of what you’ve got already.

4 Likes

Thank you for the words of wisdom. I think I’ve cleaned my own windows dozens of times already. Lol. Offered cleaning my friends for free as well just to gain more experience.

1 Like

That’s a great idea. While you’re building skills there are lots of places that will allow you to clean their windows for free, who can also be a great source of leads later on.

1 Like