Beginner necessities?

@gottifire I use a Werner. Took me awhile to get use to it, only got it in the beginning because I didn’t have a ladder rack & it fit in the back of my truck. But now I love it… especially for ceiling fans

1 Like

@luke3636
I am at the very beginning of the beginning, don’t even have a name yet. Looking at buying one of your recommended kits right now.

I am a firefighter in OP but need to do something on my days off. This is the perfect fit for several reasons.

I love your videos, thanks for all the great info

2 Likes

@Allkine, is that a ladder?

Just curious. With you never cleaning a window before, what made you decide to start a business?

I don’t think ANYBODY in their right mind is going to FIRE Luke on a storefront account to hire you. If he’s already made the rounds he’s got your storefront market sown up. That’s my experience selling storefront window cleaning services for over 20 years. If the competition is GOOD you’re out of luck. JMO

Go residential :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Firefighters love side businesses and window cleaning is a perfect fit. Lots of them cleaning glass in my market.

1 Like

Much better to use the fireman advertising on resi too. Theyll eat that up

4 Likes

Ya the women sure do love firefighters!!!
:+1::+1:

5 Likes

Yup, and if you can get your wife to work with you they’ll love you!!!

2 Likes

Yeah, Werner is the kind of Multi Ladder I use

1 Like

We rock the werner style little giants. I had the big one when I first started but that thing weighs as much as a 32’ ladder. We use all of the smaller ones though

1 Like

Did someone mention the little giant ladder?

He makes it look so easy.

4 Likes

I owned and e-commerce business before I became a firefighter. I really enjoy the aspects of busincessan ownership.

Window cleaning is perfect for me because I enjoy giving exceptional service. I already have experience with ladders because of my job. I work in a really wealthy area. It’s more flexible than other businesses. I want to do something that has me moving around and not sitting in front of a computer.

3 Likes

Uuuuh what? It’s a huge metro area. The competition thing was a joke.

II work in the Metro Boston area. If someone has a town’s storefronts rapped up you simply aren’t getting in unless they drop the ball. Are you saying that Luke does not clean in your town? He’s only 20 minutes down the road. That’s YOUR market.

1 Like

Another advantage to mentioning the firefighter aspect is the background checks. People will be more comfortable with strangers on their property if they know that you and your crew have sterling backgrounds.

I need to add “background checks” and “bonded” to my advertising and business cards.

3 Likes

I’m not going to try and take Luke’s business. I’m obviously new to this but I doubt that he has our whole metro area. He is 20 minutes down the road but our metro area is literally 3500 square miles. I find it very hard to believe that him and Reanna are serving the vast majority of the businesses in our metro.

Seems like there would be plenty to go around for both. I’ll also be going after commercial and residential as he is, not just storefronts

2 Likes

Excellent points

1 Like

Good luck :sunglasses:
Welcome

A lot a clean and fish are the big guys around town. We have our fair share but there are tons of shops out there and plenty of houses to keep us all busy.

5 Likes