Benefit of looking legit

I was very surprised to get a call from Champs at my local mall yesterday. I asked the manager how he decided to call my company. Answer: He googled window cleaning on his phone and my company stood out because it has a logo and is an LLC so seemed more legit.

Back in June I asked for you guys to critique my website and @Garry noted I should be proud to display the LLC, which at the time I had in really tiny letters. I didn’t doubt him, but now I have first-hand proof that someone might actually esteem your company image more highly when they see you’re an LLC (or corporation I’m sure), so, yes, show it off.

It also reminded me of @Kyle’s recent post on the importance of branding. In that list of top three vendors that show up when you locally search window cleaning are two other companies that have been in business way longer than me. One claims to have been in business for over 100 years! But neither has a logo.

Oh and side thought: my website still doesn’t show up in google search…but I’m in the top three business listings which show up before any website does anyway. While I’m still working on that SEO, it just goes to show the power of claiming your business on GoogleMyBusiness.

Anyway, just thought I’d share.

10 Likes

Small steps, it will snow ball. Keep it up.

3 Likes

Glad to hear your business stood out for them. It can never hurt to utilize what you pay for (your LLC), and in the case it helped!

2 Likes

Thanks great Daniel!

It’s amazing if you can brand you or company well it makes you stand out amongst the crowd.

1 Like

Triforce logo FTW

1 Like

[quote=“WVWindowWashing, post:1, topic:41129”]
the power of claiming your business on GoogleMyBusiness.
[/quote] Do you need to provide a street address for this or is city enough?

make sure when you search that you are incognito or google will skew the results with places you have been, like your own site.

3 Likes

I suspect a lot of people who have been in business a long time have owned their own job a long time. They have it “figured out” so they never adapt and before they know it they’re irrelevant other than their current book of business. Then again, that may be all they want.

1 Like

You have to provide the street address to Google but you can hide it from the listing.

2 Likes

Wilkes-Barre Window Cleaning! I met the guy once and he was pretty nice. I really think they have been in biz that long.

Wow. I didn’t know windows have even existed that long! :laughing:

1 Like

In Wilkes-Barre, yes. Other places, maybe not :wink:

2 Likes