Best gloves for winter window cleaning

I don’t know what I’d do without my glacier gloves @BostonMike, once it hits the negatives I couldn’t clean without them. I’ve also got a full face cover and a heated vest with long John’s and wool socks, so the only thing i gotta worry about after that are my eyeballs. :eyes: lol

4 Likes

Thought I’d share the shoes I wear also good for all seasons, it’s the magnum must mid. By far my favorite. Check it out if you’re looking for some, during winter I wear wool socks in them and can’t feel a thing. They don’t break the bank either at average $80.

3 Likes

:flushed: nice

Big Magnum boot fan here as well! :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Where do u get those gloves ?
The black ones

These are the best ones I have found. They have to be thick or they fall to pieces fast. WCR should carry something like them. I found them at Amazon

Microflex Midknight MK-296 Black XL Nitrile Powder Free Disposable General Purpose & Examination Gloves - Medical Grade - Rough Finish - 9.6 in Length - MK-296-XL [PRICE is per BOX](100 count) Microflex Midknight MK-296 Black XL Nitrile Powder Free Disposab…
$18.71
In stock. Usually ships within 3 to 4 days.
Shipped from: BP MEDICAL SUPPLIES

PS
They are not very warm. They just keep your hands dry so they don’t get cold.

4 Likes

These are the mitts that I use. And I think that the WCR sells them. I will put hot packs inside. They last for about four to six hours. The mitts come apart and invert. I put them on top of my dash and crank the heat. Totally dry and warm after a 20 minute drive. You absolutely must keep your skin completely dry. I love them too because when I am working they slip off and on in half a second. I will use hand cream too in the winter to keep my skin from getting cracks.

Henry

5 Likes

@BostonMike. I just called the company you mentioned. They will send you glove samples to try out. Customer service is sending me the gloves you mentioned and another one which is a little thicker in different sizes. Thanks for the advice!

2 Likes

Thanks for the heads up

1 Like

I just called them and the sales rep only see the one glove I recommended in the list of gloves. Do you have a name or a model number for the better glove? Does WCR carry it?

Hey Mike. I called the Microflex office to get samples. The thicker gloves are called Microflex Integra gloves N863. They come 50 to a box because they are so much thicker.

Hope this helps!

Thanks for the speedy response. How’d you like the color? Baby Blue. For me switching from bad ass black to baby blue gloves is a deal breaker.

You are welcome. I have not needed to wear the blue ones yet. The baby blue color doesn’t bother me. Now if they were pink with purple polka dots, I would not wear them.
I have worn the black ones a few times. They hold up well. Thanks again for the recommendation.

1 Like

I’ve tried many types that WCR sells and my mainstays are Unger Neoprene for down to 20-25 degrees. They are definitely waterproof and afford pretty good dexterity.
For lower temps I’ve found Glacier Gloves to be the best. They provide some warmth that Ungers don’t, but the dexterity is a bit compromised since they are thicker. One gripe I have is that the last pair of Ungers I bought the XL (my size) are pretty tight, not impossible. And the current Glaciers are unusually large. I have a pair I’ve never tried in my cart. Can’t remember off-hand what brand.

Another thing you have to be careful about is ripping them. Any tiny amount of water that gets through can make it bad for you if it’s really cold.

1 Like

I purchased these gloves and love them- not bulky and my hands do not get sweaty. They are also waterproof and have a lifetime warranty:

https://www.hellyhansen.com/en_us/rogue-ht-glove-67788