Best gloves for winter window cleaning

So, the last few years I’ve used “waterproof” mechanix gloves in the winter and well they don’t work! An hour into my day and my hands are soaked and freezing cold. Almost is hard to hold my squeegee at times. Any tips? I’ve tried latex gloves underneath, still didn’t help. Keeps my hands dry but the outer gloves are still cold and wet so it’s still cold on my hands. Bleh. what do you guys use?

Try using the search function here there is some really good information on “winter gloves”…

Been happy with seal skin gloves that WCR sells

3 Likes

I wear neoprene gloves with liners underneath, it gives you dexterity and it waterproof.

Overtime you’ll hands will become accustom to the cold.

Water and wind is your enemy during the winter months.

Hope this helps.

1 Like

What is this “winter” you speak of?

2 Likes

Haha mild but us texans are sissies when it breaks past 30 degrees. We are in a warmer climate so it’s not too bad BUT sometimes we get alot of rain mid December where I live which is why I try to stay as bundled as possible with waterproof everything.

Ok well I’m in South Florida so I was just seeking clarification. I hear things about WINTER but have no idea what that word actually means.

2 Likes

16266151_1047510315360599_6670718064562980776_n

9 Likes

Rub it in you’ve got that old 0° handle and I don’t :grimacing:

I used to use winter kayaker gloves when in Tennessee. Especially durable and a bit sticky in the palms for pole work.

1 Like

No that’s a unger swivel t-bar…
Man do I want that old school Unger zero degree handle :wink:

1 Like

How funny is that! See it doesn’t get that cold here unless your out and about around 6 am. Generally the days here in the dead of winter hover around 30-40 degrees with lows in the 20s sometimes. But it’ll say “30 but feels like 20” on the weather app and it sure does feel that way. You should have seen me when I lived in Colorado back in 06, I couldn’t handle being outside for more than a couple hours and my driving skills were lacking on the ice and snow :joy: Texas ruined me for winter. Hell if we get snow it only lasts for one day and it melts, we get one to three days of snow per year at the most where I live.

1 Like

This was last winter right outside of town…

15941421_1810824815826338_7478829382477018514_n

4 Likes

When it’s only in the high 20’s or low 30’s Fahrenheit I wear these.

3 Likes

That’s awesome , an pritty much sums it up :joy:

1 Like

Gonna call you BMike. Thanks for that vid on the Nitro! I might try them out from mid Oct to mid Dec. Then I will likely have to shift over to my Eskimo Mitts. I know you get my weather. You are only 90 minutes below me.

Henry

2 Likes

I almost never wear my GLACIER GLOVES - KENAI. My favorite warm gloves. The thin surgical style gloves are fine for me because I don’t work when it’s really cold. Below 15* Fahrenheit. I like it to be above 20*

PS
https://shopwindowcleaningresource.com/kenai-gloves.html

1 Like

Yeah, me too Mike. But as I keep on getting older my hands are less tolerant to the cold. Those fluffy Mitts with a hot pack are the only way I get through. Then when the temp gets down to 10 or even 0 and I have a bill to pay I don’t have much of a choice. I don’t really like being this Wimpy!

Henry

3 Likes

Who does! :wink: …But it is what it is, so I just really prepare for it.

1 Like

I know I know
Me too LOL

2 Likes