Best time to send out EDDM/where to send?

Planning first EDDM campaign. Wondering when to start. My postcard isn’t ready yet and it’ll take a week or so to print. It could probably be ready to mail in 2-3 weeks if needed. I’m also kind of wondering where to mail… have the budget for 6 mailings and have identified two neighborhoods of interest. One is very high income, massive, beautiful houses (and every house on the route is like that, every postcard would be delivered to target audience, so good value). I’ve also already got some interest from people in that neighborhood without any advertising, so I’m kind of thinking that might be a good sign that people in that area would respond well to a campaign? My only qualms are maybe some have already booked this late and also, it’s such a nice area I’m sure competition is stiff but then again in my area there seems to be a shortage of window cleaners. I’m fairly new so I don’t have a lot of online reviews. The other area is also very nice, smaller houses with more signs of competition but more the demographic I’ve worked with most. What do you guys think? Any thoughts are so very much appreciated. Thanks.

First off, welcome to the forum. Lots of experience and knowledge can be found here.
I would say get them sent out asap. Spring is coming, and there are still a lot of people that don’t schedule ahead of time. If you mail it now that will get them thinking about it and planning. Winter is also a great time for marketing if you’re limited on budget.
You asked where to mail. It’s hard for any of us to tell you where without knowing which city. Even then we won’t know your area like you do unless we live in the same city. If you’re working with WCR Printing then they can help you pick out specific postal routes and/or zip codes based on home values or household income. They’ll do the mailing for you too. Super easy.
Lastly, EDDM takes time. You have to mail to the same areas over and over to start getting recognized. Don’t expect a lot of calls after 1 mailing.
I’m no expert at EDDM, so I can only speak to my limited experience. Last year I did 3 mailings ($2,256) over 5 months and got 5 jobs ($4,036). This should complement other marketing strategies like SEO, Facebook or Google ads, door hangers, networking groups, etc.
Hope this helps. Good luck!

Thanks! I really appreciate your advice. That sounds like a great idea.

@cccs Welcome to the group! My name is Jillian and I am with the WCR Print Department. I would be happy to help you! We do offer full-service EDDM where we do everything for you including the mailing. We can also help you figure out the right routes to hit (thanks for the shoutout, @WinCleanPlus! You also gave some great advice!)

Repetitiveness is key and you want to make sure you have the budget for multiple mailings, so it sounds like you are on the right track. Our pricing can be found here and if you select “print and mail for me” this includes your postage paid to the post office. Feel free to give me a call, 862-312-2010, shoot me an email at [email protected] or ask for me in the live chat. Looking forward to helping you grow your business!

2 Likes

Thank you for reaching out. I may be in contact soon.

1 Like