Boars Hair Brush

I need y’all opinion on a brush I’m a newbie I have a hard time choosing a constructor boars hair brush or a tucker one with the rinse bar and swivel to get for next year and didn’t know which one will be worth my money

Tucker.
Though I think the hybrid is more versatile than straight hogs hair.
I do not like the Constructor hogs hair at all, the bristles
are too short and stiff.

1 Like

I was thinking the same I was worried about the bristle the way they look I just might get the tucker with rinse bar and I need it sense I moved to Florida

We hated the constructor brush. Now we have an array of tucker hybrid brushes and love them. We like the rinse bar as well, but be careful with metal rinse bars because they can scratch windows if used improperly, without modification. Search the forum for “rinse bar scratch” for the mod if you get the metal version.

The we like the 14” and the 18” tucker brushes

1 Like

I just might the hybrid one then I was worried about the all boars hair one but I wanted to try the hybrid brush

I have not used a tucker, but I am NOT a fan of boar’s hair. Some guys love them, I find them useless. I DO like a swivel brush WAY more than one that doesn’t.

If I need more aggressive scrub, I use bronze wool. Works better than boar’s hair ever will. If you can find a way to get a swivel on whatever brush you end up with, AND some kind of rinse bar, you will be MUCH happier doing WFP work.

The hybrid tucker is a good brush. Agree with the swivel. I hated the constructor brush also

We use the Unger 16” boars hair it we like it, we also use the Tucker line too, like them too!

To be honest, I don’t hate it.
Really like the idea of taking 10 minutes to rebuild a brush, or replacing a worn out part for a few bucks, rather than dishing out a few hundred for a new brush. I don’t use a swivel all the time, but I won’t have a brush without one anymore, or without a rinse bar. Both, IMO, are essential for what I do in resi.

That’s what I would hate is haveing those parts mess up

Get the Tucker you wont be sorry. We sold around 2,000 Tucker brushes in 2018. People love them!

They have a buy one get one free offer going now - Tucker Black Dual Trim Brush - Hybrid – WindowCleaner.com

1 Like

If anyone is interested in the Tucker brush deal and would like a 12" and 16" boars hair let me know. @Chris says he can only offer the identical item per Tucker, but we could trade one for the other.

I tend to use the Gardiner brushes only because they are lighter. However I would say Tucker makes the best all-round brush.

There is no such thing as too many brushes. I had a guy lose one this year and was glad for my backup bushes.

4 Likes

Anyone else had bad problems with the Tucker (which does work great) losing bristles? It really seems like mine loses a lot of them, can get annoying. Sometimes they stick at the glass/frame junction, or sometimes they seem to just come out. I honestly don’t know how long it will last at this rate.

How long have you owned it?

Natural fibers like boar bristle do tend to shed.

Shawn Gavin

Mine as well sheds like crazy… Also the bristles close to the jets always get matted down and obstruct the jets. I have to bring my pole down and fix them by hand after almost every window… I’ve given up using it just after a few jobs… Is this normal? @RHG_Products

Get the rinse bar…obstructed jet problem solved…

Avoid it like the plague. It will scratch windows, it will scratch windows it will… scratch windows

How were you using it when it scratched the glass?

PSA.

There are plastic ones now. In fact anyone who has bought a metal one is able to get a free plastic one in exchange.

Thousands of these are in the field being you. Many of them are metal and do not cause issues.

Some customers still demanding metal and unhappy that those that caused the manufacturer to discontinue making metal ones did so.

So it’s a fairly polarizing issue depending on who you ask.

Shawn Gavin