Branding

I cannot come up with a name. Every time I think I have a good one I google it and it is already taken. How the heck did you guys come up with a name and stick to it. What’s the next step after biz cards, website…?

what is yours skipper?

It can come easy or you may have to think on it a bit. But either way take pen and paper and actually write it out.

1. What do you offer? Okay, that sounds simple enough, but really - list on paper what you intend to offer. This will help your subliminal mind get in the groove of coming up with a name. Write down a few names for your business no matter if some of them are lame or whatever. It is like self-brainstorming and one may feed off of another.
  2. How do you feel about your new endeavor? Yes, for your brain to function like the computer that it is you have to feed it data. That data is anything related that you think of; feelings, expectations, how do you want to be perceived, color, keywords that make you think of the business you want to start. All of these attributes will formulate a direction; a philosophy of sorts; an image that makes you believe this is who you are.

Hope this helps to get those creative juices flowing. Don’t allow yourself to get stuck. Just stab at it, if it catches good, if it doesn’t, toss it and try again.

1 Like

As long as it’s available in your state its ok if someone else has it elsewhere. My state has a search site for business names; maybe yours does too.

I also wouldn’t stress about it too much. The name is one of the details i think matters less in the grand scheme of things. Getting out there and getting work imo are more important to focus on as soon as possible.

I went with a name after my local area, which is always a safe bet. Only downside is now people are sometimes like, “Oh, you service here too?” when I’m farther out so i worry some people might dismiss me right off thinking i wouldn’t go out to where they are.

I think some things to shoot for: simple, memorable, recognizable, and clear.

I wish i had named my company Glass Masters - Perfecting the art of clean windows. Next time, i guess.

Anyway, good luck!

1 Like

I consider myself of a pro…hope I am. I definitely know I am quality compared to people in my area, especially fish which I have ran into a lot lately. Problem is running the business and this type stuff I am struggling with.

Sometimes it can help give you a direction with the name to identify your overall brand (what will make you unique and make you stand out from other companies and make customers choose you over them). So in vision your company in a mature state. What do you want it to look like. It doesn’t have to be exact but at least a general idea. For example do you want to expand to include other services, do you want to just do windows, do you want to just do residential or just commercial, do you want to do high rise, etc.

Once you have a general direction think about your name as a means of communicating what it is you do that makes you unique and try to come up with something catchy and memorable that communicates your uniqueness and the value you provide to the customer. That way when they think of you they think of how they benefit and it creates an emotional response which is what drives sales.

1 Like

Come up with something local . Like city name , street name , local monument window cleaning , example

• Hollywood window cleaning
    -sunset window cleaning
  • pacific window cleaning
1 Like

@Skipper’s company name is Brash Squeegee Window Cleaning

1 Like

How I came up with mine

Godaddy keep doing search for names in ( .com )
then take a handful and do a search in the state you in to see if used.
Take all over them and write them out on a page
narrow that down to 5
keep looking at 5
then ask others what they get from those 5
then narrow down to 3.

if you send the area you in I can run a few out of my 5 and see if those would work for you.

The Window Cleaning King
Royal Window Cleaning
Bargain Bob’s Window Cleaning
Squeegee Master Window Cleaning
Healthy Home Window Cleaning
The Super Saver Window Cleaners
Crystal Window Cleaning

Won’t Break Too Many Window Cleaning

2 Likes

(Shameless promotion here)

I did my own website. I’ve been building sites for over 20 years, and I’m glad to help anyone here get a website off the ground and going. I’m affordable. I offer hosting services, too.

If you want to see a sampling of some of my work, check out my site at www.WeekendClean.com. I’ve also done others, and I’m happy to get references. I build on common CMS platforms to make it simple for you to update your site quickly and easily.

I highly recommend NameCheap.com to buy your domain name. Prices are fair, and first-year privacy services are free. Can’t go wrong with that. After that, contact me to get it going.

invisi-clear-glass-shine-clean-sparkle-bright-spotless windows and more has a nice ring to it…wait, it’s already taken.

1 Like

If you really want any of us to help you come up with a name, tell us about the place you live, your business and what you offer, a little about you. You may just find some suggestions to feed off of.

2 Likes

i like this one,it’s the name of a local medical pot store that just moved in but i thought it would be a cool business name= sanctuary window cleaning. all the names i looked up were taken to so i just named mine after my favorite kramer guitar i have owned for over 30 years and called it a day.if you do good work i don’t think the name matters.

1 Like

Whatever you do, don’t name your company “Free Window Cleaning”. The phone won’t stop ringing but in the end you just piss alot of people off!

2 Likes