Broken glass on bottom sash

It finally happened

after 15 years. The bottom sash folded in while I was washing the outside of a gagrage window. I called one place for an estimate. They quoted me $400. Anyone have this happen to them? How did you remedy it?

wow $400 is really really high for such a small window. i fixed windows like this on a regular basis for less than $200 when i was a glazier. The muttons in the glass will raise the price a bit but i would estimate this window at about $150 in my area.

where are you in Illinois?

Yup this year. 250.00. Call a couple other places for prices

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Resource mobile app.

I live in northern Illinois. Gurnee to be exact.

…Just a month ago. Put my mop up to a window with a chip from a weed whacker and it cracked apart.
Called a local glass company and they repaired it, at about the same price as yours.

I could drive the 3 1/2 hours to your town and fix that window for 400 bucks! I would check with another glass shop. Cost on that glass is less than 50 bucks.

Sent from my iPad using Window Cleaning Resource

Hey clear choice whats going on with that situation as of now brother? I mean have you figured it out for yourself with the help of our family.

jimmyswcs

Going to call a few more places this morning and see. Might eat the $100 deductible on the insurance for the first time.

I’m in Maryland and got an almost identical window fixed for about $250. Keep calling around, you should be able to do a lot better than $400. And I’d keep it off my insurance too… :wink:

Sent from my VS980 4G using Window Cleaning Resource mobile app

Ya pay out of pocket . Don’t do an insurance claim.

Sent from my iPad using Window Cleaning Resource

I would charge about $350

Taped up the window to keep the elements out. Waiting to see from a few companies on Monday for the potential price tag. Either way, a lesson learned and making sure the customer is taken care of promptly. Thanks for the feedback, everyone.