Call screening services

I am a sole proprietor and answer all my own calls. I have been hesitant to allow google or other services to screen my calls for fear of scaring away older customers but I am tired of dealing with a fair number of spam calls. Have any of you used call screening features? What kind of reactions are you getting from customers?

I use voice nation, I pay a flat rate per month and I could care less what my customers thinkā€¦ it saves me from having to answer a telephone and I can call people back when I get a chance.

I use Verizon and they have call screening that tells me ā€˜possible spamā€™.

Obvious answerā€¦
Save all customers contact info, so you know who is calling (name, notes, pets names, kids names, etcā€¦)

Dont be afraid to let calls go to voicemail (I know its taboo to some) and if you manage your ā€˜customer relationships workā€™ right, they will be happily addressing you/voicemail by your first name.

They know you, trust you, and realize that you are busy with other satisfied customer. And are happy to be added to your busy schedule.

1 Like

Personally?
I address my voicemail, as ā€œCalls WILL be returned within 24 hoursā€

• This gives an ā€œunder promise/overdeliverā€ sense, when I call back earlier than the time given (which I obviously DO)
  • Lets customer know Im fuckin slammed, and for good reason (they arent my only customerā€¦ My trust/service is in demand)

I just got a new phone that has this do you hit the screen call often?

I have a voicemail that says hang up and text me (a lot more polite of course) . Says I will not return any calls nor answer my phone.

My iPad, watch, and iPhone have a quick message feature I use to auto send a text with exact same message to clients that will hear that voicemail.

I have too many clients including mostly females ages 55-95 who text me. If you donā€™t text, I donā€™t have time to lose money on you. Call bob the bucket cleaner.

1 Like

3-4 times a day, no big dealā€¦

So is this each call or just numbers that look like their funky?

I absolutely love texting but what happens when itā€™s a commercial company that is not calling from a cell phone or an elderly person that is not calling from a cell phone

Every single call that comes in.

I make way more money and actually get paid from residential jobs. I donā€™t care too much about commercial jobs. However the ones that actually know about me who word of mouth, they always text or Facebook me. :slight_smile:

Lol I mean a hospital or bank probably isnā€™t texting is what I mean. Yeah I just got a google pixel phone and love the screen thing

Actually I have three bank managers I text quarterly. And Iā€™ll turn down the hospital anytime and pass it to a company that better capable of handling such a job.

Iā€™ve done our city clinic though.

1 Like

Iā€™m sure a lot of the oldschool crowd here will remember my war with telemarketers like 10 years ago lol

We have an IVR system set up through Ringcentral.

Press one for sales, press 3 for all other inquiries.

When you press 3 the connecting message ends with ā€œIt is company policy that we donā€™t do business with phone solicitors of any kind. If you a re a phone solicitor, please hang up now.ā€

Robocallers canā€™t ā€œpress oneā€ to connect. Live spammers hear the message and (for the most part) hang up. Even if they donā€™t hang up, #3 goes directly to a voicemail. The live spammers also donā€™t want to talk to sales staff, so they donā€™t bother pressing one.

Additionally, I have Mr Number installed on my personal cell, and it doesnā€™t ring unless you are a contact. If something is important, they can leave a message.

3 Likes

Im older, so maybe Im a litle ignorantā€¦

Modern technolgy aside, you are possibly entering into my homeā€¦

• How are your social skills in general?
  • Do you shy away from contact?
  • When you meet someone, on the streetā€¦
    do you refuse to speak face to face, and direct them to your preferred text method of contact?

I like this Iā€™m changing my message. Who says you canā€™t teach and old dog new tricks .

1 Like

For me itā€™s neither. I let a lot of calls go to voice mail , just to busy to answer canā€™t he bothered with. ā€œ How much for 5 windows ā€œ. Yes I know it could be a potential good job , but thereā€™s a time in the season when Iā€™m booked out and I let calls go to voice mail, so if I leave my text number I can answer back at my convenience.
A lot of times when you call back they donā€™t answer. I think text messaging would more convenient for people. Everyone is busy !
I hate when Iā€™m driving ,an the phone rings ,and I jace to pull over to take info, or if Iā€™m on a ladder . There is a time in the season when Iā€™m answering all calls no matter what. April usually.
By June itā€™s going to voice mail. I think if I leave a text option a good Percentage will use the option.
Could be wrong :expressionless:

I donā€™t know if Iā€™m even making sense lol. I freaking just like text messaging. Send me your info and Iā€™ll be by for a Estimate. I donā€™t mind talking , but I prefer texting.
Iā€™ll just leave it as an option. Iā€™d rather get a text while Iā€™m driving then a call ,

Iā€™m glad you asked, I appreciate that. There is nothing wrong with being ignorant, nor do I feel you should do exactly as I do unless you choose to.

*** How are your social skills in general?**
(Answer): my social skills in person are simply amazing! I get along with everyone, have been told over 30000 times I should be a comedian, unfortunately I donā€™t want to be famous. Iā€™m comfortable talking about anything, feel free to text me anytime you wish.

*** Do you shy away from contact**?
In person contact? Not at all I love interactions with people for the most part. I shy away from phone calls. Feel free to ask me more in depth questions on this.

*** When you meet someone, on the streetā€¦**
do you refuse to speak face to face, and direct them to your preferred text method of contact?

Are you serious?? Of course I doā€¦ if they are a potential client and Iā€™m busy cleaning and they are in a hurry to get home, I ask their number and text them my electronic business card or I have them run their phone Iā€™ve mineā€¦(kinky). And it auto sends a text and business card to them.

I prefer text messages because not only is documentation representation in any law or decree. I have a two beautiful kids and a super amazing and fairly pretty wife.

I donā€™t want to spend all day long on phone calls stuck in an office. I receive text all day on my watch, pad or business phone. I also have a separate personal phone. It never rings except important busy stuff, strangely never even a telemarketer. Thank goodness for RoboKiller!

I make $100/hr or $300-600 per day I work. I make over $50,000 a year and no longer have a boss yelling at me or idiot lazy employees not doing their job right so I have to pick up the slack etc etc. Iā€™m super happy where Iā€™m at so I can spend so much more time with my family.

Mean while Iā€™ve booked 8 jobs just while typing this to you. But sure let me sit on a phone call and not get other shit doneā€¦ sounds like the 20ā€™s thatā€™s 1920 of courseā€¦

Please ask me any more questions, my answers were not me to be offensive, just defensive enough.

1 Like

Itā€™s worth it, however , you could always quick word it like, majestic cleaning services thanks for your call and voicemail be sure to text me for quicker replies! Or something similar thatā€™s what I used to do. Until I realized people were leaving hang up messages to text me lol, so many in fact I deleted option to leave voicemail and tell them to text me.

1 Like

No offense on my end either, manā€¦ truly honest questions.
Im a natural ā€œsalesmanā€ which is a term I dont agree with,I prefer to think of myself asā€¦ just likeable.

But my employee is the nicest guy in the world, is VERY quiet, in general.
(custmers love him, and when he speaks, its worthwhile hearing.)

The notion of ā€œdont even think about leaving voicemail, Im only doing textsā€ is what made me wonderā€¦