CCU Deal of a life time!

Today I get a call from a CCU company. Apparently they are looking for someone to do ‘exterior only’ CCU window cleaning. He wants me to come out on Tuesday, clean one 2 story house and if I do a good job I will get the deal for 100 houses in total plus possible future contracts.

Yes folks, that was the good news. The bad (INSANE) news is this guy is offering $15 per house. Who in their right mind would take this guy up on his offer? How could you possibly make any money at $15 per house, especially when it’s CCU.

Does anyone think this guy will get any takers or is he in for a reality check?

[B]this guy needs a reality check[/B]…or he may find someone in the GTA willing to do it at that price. you could have a employee do it for 8.00/hr and still profit if it takes him only 1 hr per house lol. I hope your not going to do that kind of work for that price? are you?

[COLOR=Blue]Are you sure he meant per house or per window? I would check on that because if he clearly said per house, the conversation would have been over already. That is nonsense. You can’t even afford to drive over there for $15, let alone clean anything.[/COLOR]

The first thing I told this guy is that the rate of $15 per house (Yes I confirmed it) is extremely on the low side, especially for CCU.

He acted like CCU is no big deal. Obviously this guy is too new to the CCU business or is just clueless. I really think that he lowballed the complete CCU for these units and now he’s trying to break up the work details to other lowballers so he doesn’t lose his shirt.

And Crazy, I wouldn’t even consider this gig for less than $50 (exterior only) per house but would also require an in depth inspection to see what kinds of debris are on them. I would inspect two houses, the one he wanted done right away plus one at my random choice.

Seriously, I think this guy goofed on his numbers and now he’s trying to recover off the sweat and ignorance of others.

Thats just INSANE! That would barely cover my straight clean price on 2 windows,never mind a CCU. Furthermore…either this guy’s a total retard or doesn’t have a clue!

Im sure you have or are faced with poor quality heat treated glass in your areas as we are here in the states,therefore…proper education along with a waiver is a must,unless of course the glass/windows are properly covered through the entire const process that still does very little in the event a scraper/razor has to be used(usually stickers anyway)

What you may want to do is inform this guy & possibly educate him before he winds up in the poor house!

Yeah, be strong on that.

Waste of time. Dont invest another minute on this clueless “client”.

The sad thing is … he will probably find someone to do it for that price.

I can’t believe anyone would (even a non-WC’er.)

I’m just reading this and I cannot believe it …

I wonder … how it went ? what happened?

I never did anything further. Who would?

Funny thing tho. About 2 months later I get a call from a guy to do a CCU on a new school (2 storey) exteriors only. The guy tell me it’s around 50 windows and should be half a days work. He’s offering $300. I’m slow at the time and say I’ll come up and take a look. I get there but the guy isn’t there to meet me. I count the windows, Almost 300! Call the joker on his cell and tell him my count and he acts all dumb. It’s at that moment that I recognize the voice and the name and realize this is the same guy who called me about the houses.

[QUOTE]Today I get a call from a CCU company. Apparently they are looking for someone to do ‘exterior only’ CCU window cleaning. He wants me to come out on Tuesday, clean one 2 story house and if I do a good job I will get the deal for 100 houses in total plus possible future contracts.

Yes folks, that was the good news. The bad (INSANE) news is this guy is offering $15 per house. Who in their right mind would take this guy up on his offer? How could you possibly make any money at $15 per house, especially when it’s CCU.

Does anyone think this guy will get any takers or is he in for a reality check?

Haaa Ha Ha Ha HAAA Ha Ha Haha ha ha haaaa haaa! humm. Ahem. That is so very funny.

To take the insanity even farther, if you did all 100 houses you would make a grand total of $1500, between gas and lunch, you would probably cost yourself money

It feels good when someone can make you have a good laugh.
People make livings at it.

Whoever does this is truly a MORON & should be beaten soundly about the head & shoulders:D

I went to bid on my first ever CCU and count goes down to 47 windows, small, big, doors and stuff … I do count like that and it works for me … they don’t look that bad, just stickers, some paint overspary and only a couple of doors that were covered like crap and theres a lot of paint in the glass, but I could get it off with my finger only (rubbing).
I’m going up to $12-$13 per window to leave a “window” open for negociating.

Let alone $15 for a whole house .

In cases like this I can justify violence :slight_smile:

Why are you willing to negotiate your price?

We have a word for that here in Texas.

I work with 2 clean-up contractors and do windows only for them…it pays between 20 and 30 per hour

I bid higher than what I want to get, and then go down a little until I hit MY mark, allowing me to land the job and making the customer feel like they got a better deal. Works for me.

Que palabra Manuel?

Chingasos! (South Texas dialect mostly.)