Chandelier cleaning

Looking for some input on pricing this glass chandelier in the picture below. I am thinking about charging a hourly rate due to the fact I have no idea how long it’s going to take me. The piece is worth about 15000.

My method would be a bucket of pure water with alcohol and some type of cloth gloves. Drip dry on a towel. I suppose I would bring a sleeping bag for my drop cloth.

I rarely ask these type of questions. looking for a little help because it’s something that I don’t do daily. any and all replies are appreciated.

That looks like a somewhat difficult one, or at least tedious with all of the twists. I use Sprayway and a couple of huck towels. Gloves are a good choice too as sometimes just some swiping of the finger with Sprayway is easy enough. I think base price of $65.00 then go up from there depending on difficulty and hourly rate you expect. Different regions get different pricing too. I understand using a sleeping bag for cushion if a piece falls, but something a little more professional looking, or even a quilt or two from the second hand store. Makes it look like you put some thought into it.

To do the job right I would have to remove each piece individually the silver balls are threaded which attach to the flexible stems.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Window Cleaning Resource mobile app

Put a piece of tape on your starting point and work your way around. When you reach the tape your done. Determine how much from your “base price.”

I was thinking about $95 per hour 3hr minimum

1 Like

Google chandelier cleaning drip formula. There us a mix that you can make and spray it on and it pulls all the dirt and dust down with it. Put plastic and newspaper underneath er. Coffee filters r the best no lint small enough to Handle in your hand and not catch it on something else. I WOULD NOT TAKE THIS APART. REPEAT DO NOT TAKE THIS APART. if they want you to take it apart and put back together it’s $1,000. Ask them how much 1 broken piece of glass is to replace. Can they get a replacement piece? Will ur insurance cover u if u FUBAR thier chandler. I’m thinking $500 to $600. If they take responsibility for broken glass then $250

I agree with everything you have to say. Replacement is about 1500 per piece. It just seems easier and better quality work if I take it apart. it has not been cleaned over 10 years plus years. Sounds like you know what you’re talking about. I do not think this customer would have a problem paying $1,000

Dang 15 G’s for that? Some people have more money than brains…

The way I look at this they ain’t paying you to clean the chandler . They are paying you not to break it. And you need to cover your a’s because if 1 piece break your Fuc?ed big time. Is u r insurance covering it or does it come out of your pocket. Do u need a special insurance add on just for this. If they ask you why you are charging so much punch them both in the mouth and ask them why they bought a $15,000 chandelier. I had a home server all moths back over a million dollars in bronze statues, marble and art work all around the windows I told them we wouldn’t do the insides unless everything was moved ahead of time.

In agreement right now with dexter… Yo up that insurance plan pal…

Thx dexter

Don’t overthink the process of cleaning it. With a steady hand these are super easy to clean, just hand wipe it with whatever solution you feel comfortable with. I would charge $200 with a liability waiver and $1000 with no liability waiver.

Good call Dexter!
//youtu.be/YQJxMJgxvww

Up to 10% of the actual chandelier cost works well as the cleaning price for me.

Fifteen hundred a piece?
Eh Nahhh…

If so, I’m first glance estimating that light anywhere between $35k and $50k
And it just ain’t THAT impressive.

Are you sure about those numbers? :confused:

I’m not calling anyone out… Just talkin.

And kudos to Garry, I’m a big fan of the soft glove/polish thing. :cool:

No I’m not sure. Sorry your not impressed. Yes, 1500 a piece. she purchased at a auction for 15g so I was told.

Looks like a chihuly and I don’t doubt those numbers at all.

Personally I wouldn’t touch it with a 100 foot pole. But I guess it depends on how confident you are and how bad you need the work.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Resource

A Cthulhu? Certainly looks like it.

But yeah, we all want to do every job that comes our way, but just make sure you’re covered and/or you have care/custody/control insurance on that sucker.

If it was me and I liked the feel of the job, I’d get a couple of little giants, zip tie a movers blanket to the legs as a net just in case but you’ll probably be better off not taking it apart because if a piece breaks, I doubt superglue will be acceptable to the homeowner.