Chew Product Line

Chew products are plastic particle powders starting at 25 to 40 microns up to about 150 microns. They are made of different plastics. Have different shapes. Also have different hardness ratings. But are all softer than glass and harder than paint and silicone caulk. When blended with the right solvents such as Oil Flo they will easily chew right through most substances such as paint and silicone caulk. In fact I even have a few other chems that work better than Oil Flo. But we can talk about that later.

Let me remind everyone. I am talking about chems I have and am working with. I have two large 50 pound boxes of a couple of Chews right now downstairs by the pellet stove. The Chews are kind of nice because they will not rust like steel wool. Some of you might like the synthetic steel wools better however. Or the bronze wool. Chews are good but not without their own difficulties. Their big advantage is they can be blended to make gritty compounds. But they can get under squeegee rubber leaving lines. So soaping and squeegeeing a few times might be needed. I am sure we will come up with some novel ways to use the chews in time.

Henry

1 Like

I would like to see a synthetic pad for glass that works as well as steel wool but last longer like the white pads. The white pads are just not quite aggressive enough.

Can the chew be made into synthetic pads?

Yes. I just don’t know how yet. I think the best thing we have so far are those Mr Clean Magic Erasers. They are little white sponges and are loaded with some type of abrasive. But I am sure in time I could figure out something else.

A real quick search pulled this up. Don’t know anything about it though.

Henry

Ive tried the magic earaser for heavy dirt build up but it didn’t do well. That was years ago so I don’t recall the details.

I’m not sure about the 3m pad. I wonder if it is different from the normal white pads ?

I wonder too. Just need to test them out I guess. I would try the 0000 synthetic first. Particle shape, size, and hardness all control the performance of the product. Having a variety of scrubbing products on hand is a good idea. Also solvents to use with the products. I wouldn’t use a microcrystalline silica around 3 microns to remove paint. I would use it to remove hard water spots however. For paint I would use a 40 micron acrylic compositional powder blended with Oil Flo or N-Methyl-2-Pyrrolidone. I would choose the latter. But there are other interesting solvents out there too.

Henry

1 Like