Clean Chemical Residue on Windows Glasess

I have made a mistake. My window glasses now have all kind of chemical resideu. I was using my 3M troubleshooter chemical on my washer. The next day I use the same wahser for my windows. NOw it leave all kind of streak chemical residue on my glassess window.

I have try Ettore cleaner. but no help.

I have try vinega water and dish soap. It help a little bit. But there is one window still leave a lot chemical residue. I think this one was damage very hard.

I don’t know what to do next.

Can some body help me

thanks a lot

What is the name of the 3M chemical you used?

3M™ Sharpshooter™ Extra Strength No-Rinse Mark Remover

3M

thanks

The MSDS says not to use it near zinc or aluminum and that it won’t react w/ any other chemicals. I wouldn’t use it again. For this issue though I’d try some simple things like using hot water (from the tap not boiling) and soap. Or you could use Oil Flo from Titan Labs.

thanks mistersqueegee. I will try it

Let us know if that helped.

Titan Oil does not work

Hot water and soap work but still have at least 50% of residue.

Bio clean may be a good step if you made some progress with the water and soap but it isn’t getting it all off. Try it on a small area low and see how it works. Appy some bio clean to a rag and then just buff the glass with it and wash clean using soap and water. Bio Clean is a safe next step. WCR sells it. It isn’t very aggressive. Let us know what happens.

buy new mops ASAP. Every window cleaner should have 2 sets of tools, especially mops. One set you use for your everyday work and another set you use for construction cleanups and chemical work…and the two should never meet.

I use different colors of mops so I know which are chem mops (green or blue). I carry Ettore Master Brass for my daily work and Unger Stainless for chem and CCU

Iam a janitorial not profesional window cleaner.

I just made a mess and more work for my self now i need to clean it up.

I think i need a good towel or rag that can wipe a way residue after clean it with hot water and soap.

I bought a towel specific design to clean after waxing car. Hope it can wipe a way residue

You are making several mistakes here. Your first mistake is not knowing what Troubleshooter is and its properties.

Troubleshooter is baseboard stripper. It is butyl ether, ethanolamine and citric solvent D-Limonene. It has a Ph between 11 and 12. There is no reason to be using a high alkaline stripper/degreaser on glass.

Now that we have established that you are clueless in what you have done, let’s fix it. If you haven’t damaged the glass with the high Ph, you need an acid to neutralize and then emulsify the residue so you can remove it from the glass. And a clue here, the Hydro-flouric acid in CC 550 is NOT what you want to use.

First try applying a 12 to 18% Phosphoric acid product with a sponge. Apply it sparingly and work it well onto the glass and work into a good lather. Rinse thoroughly with clean water, re-apply as it clears the milky and haze and be patient. Work with the product. If the residue is still clinging to the glass, move up to a 5 to 7% HCL and keep working on the residue. slowly increase the concentration of the HCL if you need it to get better results.

Had you read the MSDS and had the slightest clue what it meant, you wouldn’t be using an alkaline product with a Ph of 12 on glass

He said Sharpshooter, not Troubleshooter… I believe…

sorry to make it more complicated for all of you

the chemical I use it actually

3M™ Sharpshooter™ Extra Strength No-Rinse Mark Remover

3M

here it the problem

I used Ettore washser to clean my wall with 3M™ Sharpshooter™ Extra Strength No-Rinse Mark Remover. After that I did not rinse or clean the washer probaly. I just leave it there overnight. Next couple days.

I use that Ettore washser again to clean my window glasses with Windex Glass Cleaner.
I sprayed chemical and washed the window.
I noticed it did not clean at all. just made more residue mess on my glasess.

SO i think it must be problem come from my Ettore washser

I will try Bio Clean next

Wow, sharpshooter…a product with an even higher Ph than Troubleshooter. the difference between the two is that sharpshooter does not contain the citric solvent, but does contain higher levels of butyl ether and ethanolamine and alcohol.

Then you mixed sharpshooter with ammoniated Windex, Ph of 11, that also contains alcohol, etanolamineand butyl ether. You created a chemical reaction when you used the same mop for both chemicals.

Mixing chemicals is bad, especially when you don’t understand them. See my first post. You need 2 sets of tools, and stop mixing chemicals. You need to neutralize and emulsify to remove the chemicals from the glass.

thank you for your help

“First try applying a 12 to 18% Phosphoric acid product with a sponge. Apply it sparingly and work it well onto the glass and work into a good lather. Rinse thoroughly with clean water, re-apply as it clears the milky and haze and be patient. Work with the product. If the residue is still clinging to the glass, move up to a 5 to 7% HCL and keep working on the residue. slowly increase the concentration of the HCL if you need it to get better results.

Which product should I use that contain 12 to 18% Phosphoric acid or 5 to 7% HCL

thanks again

Try safe restore.