Cleaning Windows With Windshield Washer Fluid?!?!

why’s everybody worried about “toxic” windshield washer fluid?

three rules:

1. wear gloves
  2. warn children that they shouldn’t lick window sills after you’re done
  3. don’t drink it

that pretty much covers all the bases, right?

1. Use it only when your water freezes on the glass. Hence the gloves.

Forgot u don’t wear gloves!

To use such toxic for washing windows I’d have to wear eye protection, gloves, and charge twice what I do now because of unforeseen problems down the road.

1 Like

I’ve been using bug remover as an additive. Not sure if I’d use it straight. However I have had no problems whatsoever with it. No unforeseen issues. So you would not need to charge double. I do have a secret ingredient that really makes an awesome shine and cleans great.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Resource

You keep talking about this secret ingredient. Kinda annoying since you won’t ever say what it is…

1 Like

He posted it in another thread he uses the slip from CBA, which is probably just a repackaged slip from someone else.

2013 World Series Champion
Boston Red Sox

LOL!! I stopped using that 10 years ago hate it :slight_smile:

Nope

I’ll tell you his secret ingredient… It’s horse crap. This guys is obviously new to the window cleaning game. There is no magical ingredient that makes windows look amazing without good technique. You can use GG4 and still leave streaks if you let residue dry in the sun. And you can use dish soap from Walmart (no offense Pepsi frozen). And get perfect looking glass… As long as your squeegee skills are good. Shinebrite, you think your secret ingredient is good huh? Well try this… Add a shot of toothpaste to your mop before you do each window.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Resource mobile app

1 Like

I think there is a goat somewhere in the mix. He mentioned it in another thread. Maybe a squirt of goat milk in the bucket removes fingerprints?

You add a bit of piss

1 Like

It is refined homogenized horse piss.

See I tell you there are a lot of haters here. I think your just mad cause you didn’t find anything other than what they tell you to buy. Yes I do have a secret ingredient and yes it works great. I’ve been doing this since 2005 so I’m not quite a new guy on the window cleaning scene.

Haters Unite!

Were just trying to guess the formula!

I’m not hating man, talk is cheap tho

I’d share but I’ve been getting a lot of customers wanting to purchase it. I’m not sure what the rules are about making or mixing chemicals to make it your own. I’d hate to spill the beans and my solution gets all over. And I’m out and it’s no longer a secret.

Why is it a secret an who are you hiding it from . News flash gg4 an glide work great also so what ever it is you think you have it’s not going to help your competition get a heads up over you

1 Like

I’m sure gg4 and a lot of the stuff we are able to buy are super awesome. The secret I’m hiding is not from any competitors (lucky for me
There aren’t many in my area) it’s mostly a marketing platform. I can use to it to separate me from others. And it works. I do have to admit though one of my customers last week said “I’ve never seen windows get this clean” she and many others are so impressed with the results. Hell I’m no genius I just mixed a little of this and a little of that and was astonished at the results myself.

I had customers tell me the same thing about spray way when I told them to go buy a can , but hey if you feel it gives you a heads up all the power to ya

1 Like

Is that that old spray our parents used to buy that foams up?

As Dr. Marcus Young says “it’s like this and like that and like this and ah…”

If you post the secret in a public forum, and someone steals it, you’d have proof that you were the original inventor.

I don’t believe in magic sauce. As The Tick said “the magic was inside you the whole time.”

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Window Cleaning Resource mobile app

1 Like