Cloudy streaks

Today was hot compared to what weather has been. I’m in NY state, it’s above 80 degrees. A weekly account I do at a bagel shop, usually windows turn out decent, but today the solution is drying up quick. I am slow, trying to learn the 2 handed technique, but it’s drying up on my scrubber quick too. The windows have cloudy spots now, which is annoying. I am using the black diamond hard rubber. Do I need more water or soap in the solution? I know I need to be quicker, that’s a given, but that’ll come in time.

More water, less soap. Glass Gleam is also helpful in that situation.

2 Likes

What you need is a cleaner with a wetting agent. Dish soap is notorious for trying fast on hot glass and direct sun. Most of the professional window cleaning chemicals have a wetting agent to help prevent the solution from trying fast.

1 Like

Steve-o uses something called Glisten along with his dish soap to keep the windows from drying up too quickly.

If your panes are all low enough to reach without a pole you can also beat the evaporation with speedy two-handed fanning.

3 Likes

I use gg4 and ggg, of course I put some dawn in there too because I like to see the suds.

I’ve seen Steve-O’s video on that on YouTube. I am trying the two handed method, but not good at it yet. Plus my applicator was drying up really fast too.

1 Like

try to use a sleeve thats a real dripper . you dont want one that holds onto its water

3 Likes

What size bucket
how much glass gleem
What is ggg

Probably too much soap.

Your dish soap is drying up so much because the more suds you have the less water consistency you have equals dry fast

3 Likes

ggg is glass gleam glide. I agree with the too much soap, should I just not use dawn at all?

I actually waived my charge today because I was so dissatisfied with my quality of work. But I got a half dozen bagels for free.

2 Likes

I think adding all three is too much. Maybe try glass gleem or dish soap alone. if you need some slip to the glass gleem try adding a little dish soap.

Personally I don’t like Gg4 unless restaurant with fingerprints . I do gg3

How much GG4 and GGG are you adding

3 Likes

Are you working in direct sunlight? If so be sure you saturate the glass and don’t try to do too large of an area before you can squeegee before evaporation.
Yes, it may seem a little inefficient at first, but it is faster than having to do it a second or third time. It is tempting to wet and scrub large areas, then squeegee large areas, but Mother Nature is the dictator here.

3 Likes

I use 1/4 Oz of gg4 and about 1/10 Oz of ggg in each gallon of water

I definitely wet the whole thing. It was in direct sunlight, and I did clean 2-3 times. At least the bagels were delicious, would rather pay bills, but eh, I’m sure he’s happy I take pride in my work.

I use Glisten in the summer usually mixed with some dawn, sometimes on its own. Not super cheap stuff but should last you a while…unless you tip a case over and spill it everywhere. I mean not that I did that. Psh. :cry:

2 Likes

GG3 uses less per gallon, it’s like 1/10 per gallon

1 Like

I agree with @jonnyald and @Garry. Wet it down real good and squeegee it off. I usually get it dripping wet, outside in the heat, to the point you can see the water sheeting down the pane. Gotta work faster in direct sunlight.

That said, there’s a lot of moisture in the air on the east coast these past few days and not too terribly hot. Definitely have not had any problems with glass drying but then again I try to work around the sun if possible. Can’t wait for July though!

3 Likes

More water (wetter sleeve) order some Glisten add about an once to 3 gallons of water use less soap, I like dawn.

The glisten will help a lot in direct sun and heat. During the summer when the heat here is relentless and direct sun this combination is my go to.

If you have time go back early morning 6-7am to hit those Windows before the glass heats up.

Good luck.

4 Likes

On the summer here in Arizona, I have to time some jobs with where the sun will be that time of day. 120 degrees in direct sunlight with no humidity makes Windows dry faster than you can swap to your squeegee. My backflip is a huge grief saver.

3 Likes