Commercial building estimate help

This job has a total of 1,170 panes. Easily accessible with wfp. Not use to quoting jobs so large. Ideas on pricing would be great. I know different markets equal different pricing but just need ideas. Thank you. Also any ideas on brush. If anyone has experience w Unger on commercial work.

1 Like

Been considering buying the bronze wool attachment. Is it worth it?

1 Like

Yes :slight_smile:

1 Like

We don’t like it. Too much surface area to get adequate pressure on the thing.

1 Like

So I’m thinking between $2900-3500. Any thoughts? much appreciated.

How long do you think that would take you to clean?

1 day?

A very long day but I think 2 is best guess

Nice, GL if you can get $180-$218 per hour

It would be 2 of us. Otherwise I think 3-4 days alone. Never landed a job like this but hoping I do

Of course every market is different, but $3500 is where I would like to be. I generally charge $3 per pane. Good Luck!

1 Like

@Cinder, what is your thoughts on timeframe?

I am very confident one day for 1 man with a wfp.

. I will post pictures in a little bit when it’s light out of the 2 buildings we are completing today.

2 Likes

I agree, 1 man 1 day. Probably be a long day, but it could be done as long as not a lot of obstacles, people walking around. You gonna need a little extra time going back and forth from each sections of windows so that they can drip before hitting next row.

1 Like

They’re office zombies lol once inside they’re sucked in till 5pm. I went by around 9am and there wasn’t much going on. Looks like it’d be kinda free of distractions. I guess I could always go on a Saturday and most likely find it empty.

Both these buildings are getting completed today.

Building on left is about 1000 windows 1 guy 4 hours.

White farther building about 700 windows 2 guys 1 day

Even with white building being 300 less windows it takes 12 hours longer.

Window count alone shouldn’t always be the only factor for determining price.

Commercial is far different in this aspect than residential.

3 Likes

We mostly do residential so minimal experience with commercial. So would $3500 be too high in your opinion for a 2 story building that could take one day to complete?

My price would be less, more around $2000.ish range.

Dont look at it at only as 1 day to complete and completely base your price off that.

Even though $2000 is great for a day, there is other time involved when thinking of a business.

Someone went and did the bid, took time.

You have business expenses to operate daily.

Equipment used to get this completed in one day.

Experience to approach this efficently.

Office time to communicate and invoice customer.

I guarantee you this same job for me using WFP would have taken me more than a day.

You learn and in time develop better, faster methods. Keep quality first in mind so this job is part of your companies reoccurring work that in time builds a strong financial structure for your business moving ahead.

Too often people state they made x amount in 1 day. What did it cost you to get there is just as important and reduces what was actually made in that 1 day.

5 Likes

Cool, thanks. I submitted it at $3500, so I’ll find out soon enough if they think it’s too high…here’s one thing I didn’t mention: there’s painters going before the window cleaning. They said we could clean as they go completing the work. It is pretty far from where we live, too. About 40 minutes on a good day.

We initially thought $2700 but not being familiar with this type of work and having burned ourselves on previous big jobs I priced at $3/pane. Thanks for everyone’s input.

3 Likes

Good luck on it. I hope you end up getting it. I’m still new to window cleaning in general so I don’t have much insight as I’m still trying to grow my business.