Commercial guys, what would you bid?

I’ve been offered to bid a plaza with sections just like this. Insides have some desk obstructions occasionally. Outsides are free of obstructions. No scraping required, just basic mop/squeegee and ledges cleaned. It has to be cleaned after hours or on the weekend.

I’m mostly residential, so I’m not sure how my speed would be on this.
For just one section, what would you say is fair for outsides and in/out pricing? Located in Florida. Thanks all!

Probably like 25k for sure

Lol… yes, that 12 pane square might take me that long. I am slow with pole. :crazy_face:
The after hour cleaning time doesn’t bother me, mainly the obstructions inside do, I feel like there’s a real charge for that.

That one section for a store front guy would take maybe 10 minutes with a pole depending on what’s inside. Regular route work it’s worth maybe $30-50 inside out. If it’s after hours or weekends then 1.5-2x that because you can’t build a route on after-hours or weekend jobs. However if there are like 10 of those sections and you’re looking at $300-500 bucks then yeah it’s worth it.

3 Likes

Exactly what Jared said , why after hours ?
I don’t get it. Give them the after hours price and the business hours price. Watch how fast they tell you to do it during business hours. Lol …unbelievable,

Is this quarterly, or monthly ?

August is pretty much dead for me but I can try to wiggle in some commercial work and what not but I’d much rather work on other stuff in the business right now.

I have this daycare place that I can call that has 4 locations but I can only do them in the evenings or Saturdays, which is why I haven’t call them.

You can give them the after hours and during business hours price like Majestic said but if you do, make sure it’s at least 2-3x more. No one wants to be cleaning at 6pm, at least not me.

I remember a few months back I showed up for an estimate and I see someone cleaning the windows already (wtf?). Turns out the homeowner called us both and this other guy and his friend showed up, gave him the quote, and got started right away lol. I was booked up 3 weeks and couldn’t do the same :unamused: , jk lol

Since I was already there we started talking about business stuff and he was saying how they work Saturdays / Sundays, and were working on New Years eve, etc.

They were shocked when I said I don’t work Saturdays, or try not to.

Not telling people how to run their business but I prefer having a life lol

Thank you guys for the nice replies. There are 15 sections like this. So worth it for sure.

It’s a medical building, I guess they feel a cleaner would be in the way. I’ll see if I can pursue your suggestion and provide a price for regular hours AND after hours. Thanks.

Every other month.

It all comes down to dollars and cents , and what it’s worth to me/you. If it’s a 30 - 100 dollar job I personally wouldnt let anyone dictate times when things need to be done. Unless it’s a job that they’re willing to pay double or Triple of what it’s worth
Nonetheless this sounds like a juicy job that’s going to go on a decent schedule, so I would take that into consideration.
Good luck :+1:

I don’t mind working Saturdays it’s the late evenings that’s not going to happen.
I would do a job like that for sure , and on Saturday. I have a handful like that I do on a Saturday

Yeah it’s sounds like it might be a pretty good job. Being a medical building it should be really easy to clean (there’s probably no cotton candy superglue stuck to the windows). I’d use a wagtail for the upper windows and you can get it knocked out really quick.