Compliance depot scam

I was contacted by Compliance Depot over a year ago stating that I needed to log into their site with a login name and password provided by Compliance Depot in order for some unknown but anxious third party client to hire me. I never requested this information so I was curious as to who this client was that so desperately needed me to login. Once logged in using their name and password, Compliance Depot wanted my EIN and just about every financial detail of my life. Naturally, I declined. I called Compliance Depot to ask who this third party client was who wanted to hire me, after all, I had the right to know who needed my service and why this third party was working through Compliance Depot and not me. Long story short, there was no third party client. They named off multiple client names but none applied to me. It was some sort of trick to either scam me for money or possibly worse.

Flash forward to the present day. I’ve been sent an email requesting that I join their new “largest known supplier database consisting of minority-owned, women-owned, and veteran-owned businesses.” To join their supplier diversity database, all I need to do is provide a copy of my women-owned certificate (WBE). They claim there is no cost but I have my usual trepidations regarding Compliance Depot from my experience and the comments written on this forum. Any comments or suggestions? Should I send my certificate or am I opening up the door for a mess?

1 Like

Hey Compliance Depot your not fooling anybody. This is your one and only post, and its about how great Compliance depot is?

Your not fooling anyone with your viral marketing, this right here shows how CRAPPY of a company you are.

Let me say compliance depot one more time so this can move up in google compliance depot.

1 Like

Well,… I’ll be sure to remember Compliance Depot as well. I wonder if they would be able to tell any of us how many times they collect their “fee” knowing full well that the vendor will likely not qualify to do the work anyway. Or at least how many times this occurs whether they know or not. It’s ridiculous, if not a shady practice, that a company would not be able to tell a potential vendor what requirements they need.

I suppose they could tell me, … but I’d have to pay a fee before I can find out right??.

1 Like

And just for comparison, if you’re wanting to see what some other people think (contractors) read this thread.
complying with Compliance Depot - Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum

1 Like

The funny thing is, I am getting emails on a regular basis from them from the original estimate i did. Its the same email over and over, stating that i have to submit all this stuff. Im guessing they never got anyone to do the original job…otherwise i wouldnt be getting these emails

1 Like

Compliance Depot may in some cases provide legitimate service. My experience with them has been awful, and I am cutting off any clients who use them. My company provides air fresheners for apartment complexes and office buildings. Let me make it clear…they charge me $95 for EACH AND EVERY CLIENT!

My first encounter with them was several years ago when we started getting emails that looked like they were from clients [really from compliance depot but in the client’s name]. They informed us the client was using Compliance Depot and we needed to sign up with them. Problem was, much of the time, these companies weren’t even clients of ours! And I still get threatening emails [in the client’s name no less] demanding we sign up [and pay] for clients who have long since canceled service!

The person I had doing my administrative work [now fired] paid them thousands of dollars on her credit card for non-clients! Not Complaince Depots fault but gee, you gotta wonder about the ethics of a company that accepts money under those circumstances. And our insurance company was beside themselves trying to meet the constantly changing compliance depot demands. Even with our real customers, they are EXTREMELY non-helpful and we spend HOURS and HOURS getting them satisfied.

And what REALLY chaps me is we have to add COMPLIANCE DEPOT as an insured on our policies!

Right now I have a client who we make maybe $1000 annually from. I have spent at least 2 hours on the phone with our insurer to get the wording on the isurance certificate just right [last year they accepted the wording, but this year they won’t]. I got an email from Compliance saying certain verbage was “missing” from the certificate BUT IT WAS THERE. After about an hour on the phone with Compliance Depot customer service, [who genuinely try to help but seem as lost and frustrated about the lack of specificity as I am and who initially could not determine what the issue was until after about 30 minutes on hold they were able to reach their “reviewer”] they finally said they needed a copy of an endorsement form to waive subrogation on the workers comp. Went back to my insurer, PAID EXTRA to get the waiver, sent it in, then this morning I get another email from compliance depot that we still don’t comply due tot the SAME VERBAGE ISSUE as before! OK, if I am not in “compliance” how about telling me SPECIFICALLY what is the problem. If Compliance Depot’s customer service people can’t even tell me from revieweng the email they sent me, how am I or my insurer supposed to know from the email?

I am reevaluating my clients and am not continuing with any smaller clients who go through Compliance Depot unless they bill $5,000 per year or more. Once these property managers get the massage that only the high-cost vendors with in-house lawyers and insurange managers can deal with Compliance Depot, maybe they’ll come to their senses and rein Compliance Depot in.

Ridiculous company, and hope they go out of business soon. If we vendors would just refuse to do business with anyone going through Compliance Depot, they’d be gone. At the very least we should write our contracts so we can recover FROM THE CLIENT any fees we have to pay Compliance Depot. It is easy for them to “sell” their service to clients when the client doesn’t have to pay.

3 Likes

[/QUOTE]Start typing Compliance Depot in GOOGLE and see suggestions…
Yes, you’ve got it: [COLOR=“red”]Compliance Depot Scam[/COLOR] in the very top. That’s what people are looking for.
I have a very bad experience with the company for the last two years. Nothing but problems, and every time more $95 to pay. My company just changed ownership and guess what? You’re right. They said they closed my old account and opened new one. Why? Of course to charge $95 for each customer. We have three, so that means we have to pay 95X3=285. And we just paid four month ago. They could just update my account, don’t you thing?But NO, they wouldn’t get paid. [B]Now you tell me scam or no[/B]:mad:

1 Like

Be aware of NO COST. They like their $95 so much!

1 Like

Follow up to my 5/13 post

Today received another email letter from Compliance Depot regarding same customer with same verbage previously listed as “lacking” even though it was there.

Finally a “customer service” rep at Complaicne figured out my insurance agent had type “assignees & the ownership enttities…” instead of “assignees AND the ownership enttities…”. And the lady on the phone could not guarantee that if I fixed that error, they wouldn’t find something else wrong.

I’m done. Pulling all my business from client who uses Compliance Depot. Let them another vendore stupid enough to pay compliance depot to abuse them.

2 Likes

What a scam.

1 Like

I had the same issues with compliance depot every time we renew our insurance. Every morning phone calls to compliance depot to figure out that comma is on wrong place. In many cases they couldn’t even explain why you’re not approved yet. I’m grateful to my insurance company for their hard work dealing with compliance depot
I don’t understand why the company like compliance depot legally exist if we have more than enough government institutions like IRS, Department of Revenue, L&I and so on. I’d agree if

1 Like

I think I got my $95 worth since I started this post. Some good posts and not to mention top 5 in Google…Compliance Depot…you still suck

1 Like

Sorry about your experience with compliance depot Dave. Thanks for providing a huge red flag for all of us. I will definitely be non-compliant with this company in the future.

1 Like

we’re also trying to get info to work on getting an account. If we get all the accounts in the area it will be great! But this compliance depot is really so the management doesn’t have to extra work. In the long run if you’re a small business like us the only way it will work out good is if we get several accounts out of it. But being that you’ll be working most likely for management companies they are looking to try and pay for dirt cheap labor, so is it worth it ? I have also tried calling them to get more information from them about what they need and the auto liability is ridiculous. And wait I thought it was $80.00 so when did it go up to $95.

1 Like

Has anyone noticed the amount of views 2 this thread vs, replies?

1 Like

the power of Google

1 Like

great stuff. This expose’ of Compliance Depot is on the front page of google, so is the negative reaction to American Seaboard. If only we could find a way to have a negative review of Nest International show up on the front page, the world would be a better place…

1 Like

This gave me a good laugh. Thanks for the red flag. I have never needed such services in five years, if I ever do I’ll stay clear of this company. I had a simlar thing happen today when a finnacial company called me and asked if I wanted to take a loan for a Federal Tax Lien against my company. I said what tax lien. They said they couldnt tell me, only that I was in their database. I said I pay my taxes, how much do I owe? Any how they freaked me out and I called the IRS right away, turns out it too was a scam, I had no Tax Lien agaist me, luckly I asked them a bunch of questions they couldnt answer and they got off the phone real quick.

1 Like

This thread shows that it’s not “rare bad experience”, but rather behavior of compliance depot. And I don’t think they are sorry. Because, if they would, they won’t charge [COLOR=“red”]nonrefundable[/COLOR] $95 each time

1 Like

apparently, compliance depot does suck. Glad I am not working for them or through them.

1 Like