Contest - Easier With A Northern Lite Pole

Knocking out some 3 story glass. Only have one long pole so lowering to switch out at this height is a pain. Would love to try it with a WFP
Applicator and squeegee shots

3 Likes

Cleaning windows with the reach it mini I bought from you last year, also know as the most flexible 3 story pole around haha.

I second that comment. You need someone footing the ladder at least if you are going to do that. 1 foot to every 4 feet high. At least thats my own opinion, i would hate for anyone to fall that high up.

A water fed pole would help ensure all my customers have great views from their windows.

Second entry - another shorter plaza I clean with a 3rd story

1 Like

Second Entry: Quarterly Commercial Cleaning

Ha ha. Either you’re 10 feet tall or that is a 3 story building for dwarfs. Maybe it’s just an optical illusion

1 Like

Haha maybe I am 10 ft… My first entry is definitely 3 stories. Just threw in an extra pic to convince mark how desperately I need a waterfed pole! :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Anticipation! :grimacing::cold_sweat::grimacing::cold_sweat::grimacing::cold_sweat::grimacing::cold_sweat:

I uploaded two pictures just because you can’t see me in the one that has the third story window. Thanks.

@PowerBlade. Congrats, you’re the winner of the Northern Lite Water Fed Pole.

Thanks to everyone for all of the entries, it was great seeing all the participation and pictures.

8 Likes

Booo this was rigged. :joy: Congrats @PowerBlade

1 Like

Three points of contact on ladder work is only required when climbing or descending.

WHAT! NO WAY!!! I can’t believe it!!! An answer to my prayers. I’m literally at a dealership right now wishing I had a waterfed pole to do this. I will definitely be putting it to good use!!!

A HUGE thanks WCR and Mark!!!

8 Likes

Great participation on this contest. Thanks to everyone for your great pics!

4 Likes

That’s the wording of the OSHA guide, but it’s focused mainly on people climbing the ladders and getting off the ladder. Basically from ground to off the ladder to working area (like a roof for example).

But for me, my employees, or anyone I train, I want them using 3 points all the time. Yes, it’s a pain, but it forces you to take more time, more care, more planning, and your chance of having a mishap decreases.

Alongside that is not extending beyond the middle of the ladder.

To say “only when climbing and descending” could be interpreted that you only need one foot on the ladder, the other foot can be on a ledge, and both hands on the window. And yes, I’ve seen that done. It’s one of the photos of one of my competitors.

This issue came up at an OSHA training event, poling from a ladder was an acceptable means of work. With that said, carrying a pole in hand while climbing won’t allow 3 point contact and is a violation.

Obviously removing a foot from a ladder is not within safe work practices. Common sense must play a role in individual safety.

And if not an employee OSHA can’t do anything no matter what your doing. Which is just stupid

1 Like

Congrat’s @PowerBlade!!

1 Like

congrats @PowerBlade enjoy it

1 Like

Whoop Whoop Whoop…!!! Good times Power Blade…! Have fun that… Congrats… :smile:

1 Like