Cost of living verses inflation rate

I have always raised my prices each year the COL rate, which the government puts this year at 5.9%. I am wondering though with it being reported that the inflation rate at 7%, are any of you considering raising prices according to the inflation rate this year?

1 Like

i pay no attention at all to any of those. i adjust my prices or not based on what i feel is best for me and my business

1 Like

I’ll use this comment about inflation to STRONGLY SUGGEST that each and every one of you look into Bitcoin. It is a “store of value,” a place to set aside some dollars that cant’ be confiscated, hacked, and a major hedge against inflation. It’s a challenge to study and learn about but I’m convinced “digital assets” are the future. We are departing the legacy system that operates in the world of inflation (less for more) in an industrial society and moving to a world where deflation is the order of the day (more for less) in a technological age, an age of information.

1 Like

I’m skeptical of all currency, real or digital right now. I’m currently down 18.30% on bitcoin and 15.3% on Solana! I truly invested at the wrong time. I am hopeful it shoots up again to at least have me breaking even. I hear it is like the index funds and other markets but the volatility is stressful.

2 Likes

I’m very new to this but have listened to 100 hrs of Michael Saylor and other credible men and women. I bought at $56k and down to $47k now but could not be less concerned than I am. It was up to $69k at one point and fully expect it back to $69 or much higher in the next quarter. You were smart to buy at any level, even at $69.

2 Likes

I am raising prices this year but wasn’t sure about the inflation rate. I heard 6% and a prediction that it will soon be 24% because of the breakdown of supply-chain and manufacturing. (Thanks Jo Brainless)

So $1.66 per side at 7% = $1.77 = $58 per hour.?

1 Like

many service trades are around 150-ish + per man hour, there are variables in wcleaning like first time, recurring, ccu, etc etc but maximize and experiement, the positives you get out of experimenting with a segment will embolden you with the rest, depending on rate (under a 100, a few hundred, over a thousand) you can drop the % and just go for whole numbers, 10, 20, 100, 200 etc. crosschecking by all three: time, count and inflation will help you as well. and which job blew your numbers that day? that’s one to be focused on getting in line either in one shot or over a couple years. Price raising is the most overlooked yet most necessary thing that needs to be done if one is going to be in this business for more than a couple years for sure

1 Like