Curious... Anyone married to a window cleaner?

I was just thinking how cool it would be for a gf tell me to stop talking about windows.

The best thing I can think of is to marry a cool lady that knows how to caress windows with good form.

Not getting any younger… haha.

My wife is married to a window cleaner.

Really good advice! :slight_smile:

My wife ran the business for a couple years. She isn’t involved in it any more, but it’s great to be able to talk about work and she knows exactly what I’m talking about.

Your Ohio location reminds me of someone else; “windowgrl” I think. I lived in the 614 for a decade. I haven’t met many, but it seems I talk to more house-wives than anyone. It would be huge if a nice lady-partner who knows the ins and outs of windows to go out and bid/sell, then come join me crush ladder work.

I love this thread…

Me- “Babe did see how fast I fanned that window… Didn’t even have to touch my scrim to the glass”

Babe- “oh baby I’m way too turned on, how bout we put those stack ladders away and you show me that new 12” squeegee you have"

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Resource

The house wives do seem to like it when a woman answers the phone.

Although a friend of mine used to get complaints, usually from older house wives, when he would send a woman to clean the windows at a house. Funny to think of women being sexist…

My wife is my Co-President. Customers love it when she comes with me. I love it because they follow her around and talk with her. She’s amazingly fast. Typically, I do the ladder work and she does the lower and less dangerous stuff; then heads inside. Plus, we usually get more tips when she comes along. But now, she is on maternity leave with our second child.

Sent from my iPad using Window Cleaning Resource

I think the most importnat thing is when your second half completely understands you and is always ready to listen and give some advice (even about window cleaning :slight_smile: ), but it doesn’t mean that she definetely has to work in this field.

That’s going to take a few tries. I have a hard enough time finding good women at bars, let alone getting one excited about window cleaning.

I do have a female friend who straight pulls like a champ and is fast, but swings the other way. I hire her on occasion. It’s funny, someone else said something about older ladies not liking female window cleaners. She’s had the same experience. They wouldn’t let her in the house. We dropped the client.

My wife left a “good job” as a doctor to work with me full time. She didn’t have to get a Masters degree, and she makes 5x as much. On commercial, we work tandem. On residential, i waterfed the outside while she does all the interior Windows. By the time I’m done and have the WFP equipment back on the work van, we are usually wiping off screens together and calling it a day.

My fiancee has a Master’s Degree, and feels the same :slight_smile:

You beat me to that.

Ehh… sorry to be the needle in the high flying balloon, but…
Five time more- Per hour or per year?

Still flying high. Per year.

My wife and mother in law have cleaned windows for 20 plus years! It’s a family affair for us

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Resource