Custom T-Shirts

Has anyone had them made with direct to fabric/sublimation printing?

What has worked for you as far as a slogan, list of services, etc???

Found a company online that does it, cost is relatively low, and they have the “trendy” round bottom shirts available. I know a lot of you older guys won’t care haha.
I live in Cali, I want cool shirts haha

This is the back of the shirt

2 Likes

@cactus27 Ken know a ton about printing!

“Has anyone had them made with direct to fabric/sublimation printing?”

1 Like

Just worried about the durability of the shirts, from what I know, direct to fabric is done on super fine spun 100% cotton.
Not heavy cotton

Im sure if Kens around he can help answer that for you. :slight_smile:

On the subject of shirts, I was at a screen printer the other day (week?) requesting certain “company colors” for my shirts when they come along here soon. The screen printer guy stopped me and asked “What color is Nike?” Made me think. Nike does them all! It keeps the swoosh but color not so much. I thought that was pretty cool, Carry on. :hushed:

1 Like

suddenly my ears started burning!!!
any print on fabric process works better on finer weaves.
sublimation is best suited to polyester, it does not stick to cotton unless the cotton is specially treated.
bold fonts print better than fine lines lines with any process.
fine lines + rough fabric = low quality.
i can try to answer more specific questions but there is quite alot on another thread

4 Likes

:wink: Thanks for responding Ken!

yes they have a very versatile logo. what makes it so versatile? it’s utter simplicity. the more complicated the less versatile. most of us will not have the money to promote our logo/image/brand like nike or coke, coke’s utilizes the name and swish so it’s always recognizable but even there bottles were specially designed to be recognized even if you if you only found a broken piece in the sand.

4 Likes

“we endeavour to give satisfaction”
:wink:
jeeves

1 Like

I had all my new shirts done with DTG. Printing. I’m very happy with the way they came out, an hiw there holding up.
My logo has a good amount of color an gradient, so this process has made me a believer in it.

They say you can’t use polyester which is not true. I did some shirts on 50/50. There holding up really well. The thing is they are not as vibrant as the 100 % cotton.

I also did some shirts in 90/10. They look as good as the 100% ringspun.

So this is something you should look into. Although you don’t have a lot of color an gradient in you logo so other processes might be just fine.

Oh an I wouldn’t go with someone on line Google an find someone local

1 Like

i know you didnt ask for comments on design but the shirt would look better with without the logo next to elite

1 Like

Don’t have Photoshop to crop it out…but Im sure who ever prints them can take out the logo and center the words…but yeah it would probably look better with just the words

Trying to find a slogan or quote that I can relate to window cleaning to maybe put that instead of the “got dirty windows” part

while on the topic. Any one have recommendations for a good printer? Looking to get the mechanic/Dickies style done

1 Like

Looks rather busy. Just keep it simple. Maybe move the logo to the front.

1 Like

Already have polo shirts
Want some cool looking tees for the route work and the gym, etc

3 Likes

Gimp 2.0 is your friend then. It’s a pretty utilitarian user interface, but there is a ton of support videos on YouTube.

4 Likes

Yes! GIMP FTW! Pretty much all my design work has been in GIMP or InkScape (for vector graphics)

1 Like

Hey, It’s been a while, but a like popped up on this thread, and I just downloaded InkScape, going to try it out now. I keep getting blurry text in Gimp when trying to make flyers, hopefully this handles it better.

Inkscape is a more robust program then gimp in my opinion.

What do you guys do for pics? I’ve only been able to “steal” them off google images. Does anyone bother buying an account to get stock photos. I mean one was asking 40 bucks just for 5 images. WOW!