Customer complaint about waterfed running down wall

So I am just a few seasons in ( worked for an exterior cleaning company previously , and have worked on my own for the last 2 seasons ( mostly residential )
I’m part time … I still work at least 4 days a week cabinetmaking .
I have not gotten into waterfed, as I wanted to hone my trad skills first , and planned on getting a system next season …
I ended borrowing/renting one from a local company I was networking with …
I’m fairly familiar with the technique , and I thought everything was going fine …
This customer starts freaking out about the water running down the wall. I calmly explained that’s how it works … I assured her that it would be fine when it dried … and kept going … she starts yelling about calling the police … so I’m like screw this … I’m done …I told her to F off and find someone else that does interiors as well as me …
It’s not like her carpet won’t dry eventually .
Have a great weekend everyone !!!

1 Like

Actually I gave a job to a local guy because I couldn’t fit it in. They fired him in the first 10 minutes because he was using a hand held pump sprayer to spray high up windows inside and it was running down the wall paper. I ended up doing it on a weekend after they called and pleaded with me.

1 Like

exactly, it works great for insides :wink:

1 Like

Hmmm… Maybe I could hire a local high schooler to be a bucket bob on my behalf. He’ll go in, screw up the job, and I’ll get to charge full price because that customer will never take the bargain option again… Plus he’ll still make $20 from me for helping me secure the job. It’s a perfect plan, it has no downside!

1 Like

A perfect plan haha…
Years ago I worked as a cook, they had a company to clean the hood vents , and STEAM some acoustic ceiling tiles… well he was busy, and farmed it out … to a guy with a pressure washer .
Not kidding … he went in after we closed , and pressure washed the hoods and ceiling tiles… inside the pubs kitchen … total disaster!!!
He shrugged and said that’s what insurance is for … it was a friggin’ mess lol

1 Like

Seriously you’re talking about outside …. Right ?

Have to ask. lol :joy:

1 Like

No… he pressure washed the ceiling of the kitchen … inside … like a bad dream … it was a huge mess …

So…. You used waterfed inside?

1 Like

No I would never use it inside haha …
I haven’t gotten into waterfed… I was going to wait until next year … but I am heavily considering getting DI only to start… water around here is averaging 40-60 … maybe not some wells …
I was planning on staying trad to work on my skills, ( it’s my third season part time )
I have been coming across a lot of jobs it would be great for …

The way it all sounded confused me and had me wondering why someone would be so nuts about water on a wall… then you said wet carpet… man ya had me thinkin somethin was wayyy off

1 Like

Sorry… just being funny… trying to be anyway

2 Likes

I got it and thought it was hilarious! I was very concerned until your very cheery “Have a great weekend everyone!!!” And then I knew you were joking. :joy:

Maybe if you’d posted it a few days earlier it would have been better received? :thinking::wink:

1 Like