Customer complaint on gutter cleaning, highly annoyed

Our minium for gutter cleaning is $100.00 my average is $200.00. We scoop them out and I pressure wash the down spouts . Snakes rarely needed. I add an extra cost for pressure washing the side of the gutters and the fascias. Then we check the property for an other debris left on the ground. For us this is a fast and efficient way of cleaning gutters.

4 Likes

The guys who yell “gougers!” are never willing to explain why they get to be the person to set the standard. Apparently in their world, anybody who charges more than they do are gougers. I have asked this question several times after someone calls someone else dishonest after learning he charges more. They always bail on the conversation. I’d like to hear how and why they get to determine what is honest and what isn’t.

4 Likes

Because it’s my opinion, apparently it takes some people a lot longer to clean a gutter than others, but i’m able to clean your average 1 story home with 150 feet of gutters in about an hour. i don’t think it’s gouging to charge more than me and i wouldn’t quibble with anyone who even charged double what i do, but 4 times more seems excessive, i don’t have an explanation for where the line is, i do know that by comparison it seems like gouging when you make more than a doctor or lawyer to scoop leaves. if you stopped by a gas station and grabbed a snickers and when it’s rang up they charge you $5 wouldn’t you feel gouged?

and i didn’t call him dishonest for his price, i called him dishonest for his list of expenses for the job

There is no dishonesty at all. You are an arrogant presumptive troll tossing accusations like that out when you have no basis to actually stand on with it. You fabricate some loose numbers as if you can realistically pull the functions of a business for a meager 95¢. Anybody can refuse to collectively account for cost overhead and have some cooked numbers. But when you, in reality, consider all that it takes to put actual numbers together, then you can have a discussion on honesty. Until then, you are blowing smoke.

1 Like

can you tell me how i’m arrogant?

you are the one throwing insults and blowing smoke, $250 in expenses to clean gutters?

i run a business, i must understand expenses a little bit. i think your just angry because asking you to justify your price touches a nerve.

it’s not being a troll to disagree with you, but everyone throws that word out when they get defensive.

You accuse me of being dishonest, when in fact it is you being dishonest claiming a “show up cost” of 95¢. If that is the case then every electrician, plumber, lawn service, maid service, painter, window cleaner, and power washer is being dishonest because they are charging a certain fee based on “cost of doing business”. Those costs, as outlined, are: Insurance, gas, vehicle expenditures, equipment. I realize you have no way of understanding that somehow these things in reality do need to be paid for and periodically replaced. They are not simply for the asking with zero out of pocket expense.

these comments are getting far from the topic and completely unproductive. put the dick rulers away and and give each other and the rest of us some peace.

4 Likes

you’re right, we’ll take it to pm

7 Likes

So your ‘gouger’ line is somewhere between 2X and 4X your price.

If someone is successfully charging more than me, rather than calling them names, I want to figure out what they’re doing better than I am. There is no such thing as the “right” price.

2 Likes

2 Likes

Lol. Heres something that will F you ALL up…

Drop a penny down the downspout. When it comes out the bottom, give it to the cust.
Done.

Water can filter its way through a semi-clogged downspout…
And object cannot.

“Thanks for playing, please make the check out to…”

4 Likes

Buy your own…dang, quite im watching this!

Or in Detroit, drop an empty shell casing down the spout!

And if they still complain, send a couple of “still warm” casings down the spout…

5 Likes

Swear to god!
One of my guys helped me cut some Pex tubing with his pocket knife.
I noticed this little nick in it… and said “this knife is sharp, but it’s gotta a gouge in it.”

He said, ‘I live in DETROIT. I aint worried about a clean cut, I need to make you RUN away!’

Seriously man, I thought of YOU! :grin:

3 Likes

My old boss would never do that … God forbid it got stuck

The fun part would be watching him trying to get it out . Ever mis place your cell phone …think of that feeling from the moment you realize it’s gone to the moment you find it .

1 Like

Dishonest price gouging? Or business pricing?
gutter price?

1 Like