Customer complaint on gutter cleaning, highly annoyed

Did you run water from a hose down the downspout? Did the water drain properly? If so, no one had to like your price, if you know you did a good job, don’t sweat it, keep the 170 bucks and live and learn. She might have a bill coming up or something suddenly and needed an excuse to not let you do the Windows.
If you did crappy work, reap what you sowed. In smallish towns bad news travels fast. Better shape up.

edit did the old man gripe too?

Somehow I just noticed this. And the whole jug of water thing too. That’s your problem. Where I come from if your anticipating making sixty bucks an hour, you bust your ass. The hose goes up, not around all the clutter on the ground. You bothered to haul the leaf blower up there, why not finish the job right and use a hose? If you would have tried that on my folks house and my pops saw you, he’d have waited for it to be obvious that you though you were done and he’d have knocked your ladder down so you would have to jump, nevermind trying to collect the sixty bucks you were attempting to steal.

Next month this guy will want take half down before sealing folks driveways.

I don’t do gutter cleaning , but commonsense says if water is running fluidly through why would I need to take off the elbow.

Tell them you will come back an prove that to them if need be
You did run water through yes ?

There just trying to find something to bitch at , because they spent money on something that didn’t have value to them.

No worries get some thick skin am move on.

I just re-read your post when I do mine i use a garden hose .

Why would you just use a gallon jug of water ?

1 Like

Your billing as a professional. Work like one.

4 Likes

Like I said not a gutter debris removal expert , but if you have hose nozzle on the hose you could use pressure to releaee any debris casuggt up in the gutter.

So she has a point you should of rectified it. Imho

Is she being picky yes . You defiantly don’t want customers like that , but it is what it is.

I don’t think there’s anything wrong with using a water jug. I prefer a hose , but in the winter when most people have their spigots turned off we carry water with us in jugs.

Sounds like your halfassing the job.

That’s like saying a bucket bob shows up with just a bucket, squeegee, scrubber, and a couple towels and charges like a professional window cleaner…$10-$15 per pane.

People notice bro, stop being lazy.

Not putting down bucket Bob’s, or their level of ability to clean a window with minimum essentials. But yeah.

We usually scoop everything out…run water down the downspouts WITH a hose to check for clogs…if there aren’t any…we rinse down the gutters WITH the hose. Just saying.

So you have to go up and down the ladder each time you fill your jug?

3 Likes

Thats just an OCD customers with issues. Delete her info from you client list or better yet blacklist her number and email. Not the type of customer you wan’t to work for.

$60 jeeze thats too low man not even worth it. Do you have a minimum service charge? Mine is $119.

The main thing is, when you dumped the gallon of water down the downspout, did it come out freely? If so then no worries. If the downspout was clogged and you didn’t unclog it than that’s an issue.

1 Like

I think what he is saying is…he ONLY uses a jug of water to dump in the downspouts to check if it’s clogged

But don’t most homes have more than 1 downspout?

So this is how I would do it to save a little time, I understand you don’t wish to drag a hose around though peoples crap, so you set your ladder up next to the spigot attach your hose and climb the ladder with it, now you have a hose on the roof without dragging it around crap, I carry around 120’ on hose around with me so that would cover most roofs, then have like another spare 150’ at home if needed.
I’m not saying your way doesn’t work as well, I just think it would not be as fast, and yeah have a minimum if you charge like an under the table type people always suspect they are getting ripped off somehow, show confidence in your ability and the job your doing, if she is such an expert why did she hire you?
I personally would not have asked her to show me how she wants it done, I would have told her very confidently this is how I do it and the results are of a high standard and all work is guaranteed.

1 Like