Customer pricing question

Why is power washing more than window cleaning ?

Ok , so I did her condo windows in/out for 150. She had a brick paver patio I up sell it for 175.00 I threw in the front landing an step she had.

So I get an email last night … Why is power washing more than window cleaning ?

I wanna just say cause that’s the way it is, but obviously I can’t.

So my first thing off the top of my head is. Well power washing equipment an chemicals are a lot more than window cleaning equipment an chemicals, and power washing season is a lot shorter

Can’t really think right now heading out the door. Anyone got something more professional

Btw 175 is my minimum for PW. That paver patio would be 90 if they had a house wash with it

I would simply mention, higher overhead and higher liability (greater chance of causing expensive damage if you didn’t know what you were doing)

3 Likes

Good one Alex

also its less of a repeat service. Our average house wash repeat is every 3 years… average window cleaning is once a year

I don’t offer power washing, but the obvious to me would be the investment in equipment to clean windows and the investment in equipment to power wash with a reasonable expectation to remain in business are two starkly different things. The customer could give two shakes of the family pet how long the season is, so I would not offer that as a viable difference.
Just an honest straight forward answer to the question is all that is needed. If the customer can’t fathom how investments into equipment differ than what can you do? Simple professional explanation to satisfy her curiosity; there is no other “science” to it.

1 Like

Ask her why an apple costs more than a banana. Or a latte costs more than a coffee.

They are different things so they cost differently. If you try to justify cost breakdowns you will get in trouble because she’ll find out your hourly rate.

1 Like

And if you can pull that question off without sounding like a service that just got fired, then you’re golden. :wink:

1 Like

Correct me if I’m wrong, but if she has eyes and a clock she can know your hourly rate, right?

If I had a client that asked me that, I would simply say:

The initial investment. overheads and operating costs are higher for power washing, then they are for window cleaning. When did you want to schedule the work?

2 Likes

The overheads an operating costs are higher for power washing as opposed to window cleaning… Is what I emailed her back.

Good answers guys.

Thanks needed to put that into good words. Which I think you guys did for me.

3 Likes

Thats the simplest way of responding.

1 Like

Sometimes times that a good one to pull out of the bag of sayings and use too!

A good machine can cost up to $5000+. An applicator and squeegee as much as a hundy+
Also, put 8gpm 3200 or better in the wrong hands and just see how much damage they can do!! PC is more expensive cuz it’s more expensive. On all levels.

I also would explain the difference in overhead etc…you can replace pretty much any window tool you would need for $20-$30 but, if your pump goes out, or your washer just takes a shit, you’re looking at the very least $400 just to get you by until you can get a better washer.

3 Likes

We have about $20,000 worth of equipment on my trailer for power washing and you can get into window cleaning for $3000 or less.

1 Like