Cut-up pricing

I would account for the inside and outside ladder work on the palladiums. There is two methods I,ve used to price cut ups to make it more accurate. 1) You can have a base price per window and add a small per pane price
2) you can price it by the pane, but have a minimum price per window and then charge whichever is greater
On the other hand this makes bidding more complicated.

!ust to complicate the priceing of cut ups even more. Has anybody thought about chargeing extra for the clip on mullions? I charge 50¢ for each one. Price ends up the same as a real 6x6. I charge $1.00 for a big one, like a patio door. They take more time than you think about the same as cleaning real ones in my opinion.

[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]

[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana] [/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]Sorry I didn’t answer this sooner.[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]I used that pricing just for windows that have [FONT=Verdana]cut-ups.[/FONT] I feel bad for the guys in my area who charge less than $1.00 per pane. [/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana][/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana] [/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]A regular Double Hung I would charge differently; $7-10 depending. So I guess that would be $1.50-2.50 per pane per side. [/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]Also, I do not charge ladder fees. From experience, I’ve seen that customers truly dislike any line item on their estimate/invoice/bill that bumps up the price. Everyone hates “extra fees” (they are on my cell phone bill every month for some reason). I consider climbing 2-3 stories part of the overall estimate. [/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]However, if after tallying up each window price on my estimate I find that the overall price might not be enough, I will add extra $$ to make it more worthwhile. And at that point I would tell the customer (if they ask) that I didn’t charge per window, I charged for how long I thought it would take. [/FONT][/COLOR]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3] [/SIZE][/FONT]
Fun Fact: If you charged $10 per 6x6 window with storms on a house with 23 windows that would be $230 per house. If you did one of those each day every week of the whole year, you would make only $59,800. If you only worked residentially for 8 months out of the year one would only make $39,867.
In New England it would be impossible to do that. If you are really good, you can do two in a day. Chances are, one wouldn’t be able to even get that much work.

With cut-ups I don’t charge the per pane price until the number gets up to about 8 or more. Let’s say I charge $5.50 for a single panel. It would be silly to charge only $6 for a 6 section cut-up. $6.50 or $7.00, I could probably handle that. $12 for a 12 section, $20 for a 25 etc. should put about where I want to be per hour.

If you are takeing 3 times longer to clean a 6x6 than a 1x1 you need to learn how to clean cut ups like a professional window cleaner. Sorry but you are simply to slow. A customer would have to be an idiot to pay what you need to be payed in order to be profitable. In other words they should call a pro. SORRY IT HAD TO BE SAID! :wink:
Please do some research and learn how the pros clean cut ups, quickly and e[FONT=Times New Roman]fficiently[/FONT]. There are a few professional window cleaning videos for sale and a ton of video clips on the internet. Priceing yourself out of the market is not the answer, speed is. :cool:

PS
And I don’t mean go and by a water fed pole. I have one and use it, but sometimes we have to do a window face to the glass.

So how do you professionally clean cut ups? Solution, process?

Thank you. I’m glad someone asked. We could start right here at WCR. Just add some strip washer action to this video for starters. :cool:

//youtu.be/http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOKnwQc-akw

Joel Andrews has a great video for sale at most window cleaning supply warehouses entitled Advanced Window Cleaning Techniques.
He made a new video that is much better than the original video he made 17 ago.