Dawn

I must be the odd guy that thinks Dawn and all other dish soap, is a joke. I do not like the film it leaves, nor do I like how it attracts filth back to a window. I’m stuck on GG4.

The cost to use a “professional” soap is so negligible, I don’t understand why anyone uses dish soap anyway.

2 Likes

Everyone has some soap/solution they prefer over the other. I posted a pic of dawn bottle so @Dan_Gonzalez knew if he was using what most dawn guys use.

In my opinion soap (cleaning agent) is a preference issue.

Just get the window clean and move on where here to make happy clients and money so our family’s can have what they deserve! :smile:

4 Likes

I like the lemon Ecover. I seem to use less soap per dollar, and get good slip and decent emulsifying qualities. It may just be me, but if my gear glides better, I detail less. I use Ecover for residential.

i bought a grip of dawn for storefronts. Great for regular cleans, and cuts grease well on restaurants.

1 Like

I have been using dawn platinum only because that’s all they sell at Costco it works good but it suds too much. But I think most dish soap works fine. Some glide better than others. When your are skilled with the squeegee, most of the time dish soap brand doesn’t matter

3 Likes

Are you using the new formula of ecover or do you have a stash of the old stuff?

4 Likes

I want too, I think it would be able lot easier to use…

I’ve been using GG4 + Ecover since day 1 for residential. Still not sure how much I’m supposed to add of each (stupid gallons!), but seems to be working.

I found the ratio on the quart bottle I started with, and I use a squeeze bottle that has the second chamber to dispense it. I think I use 1/2 ounce per 2 gallons.

You can get those 2 chamber bottles from US Plastics, if WCR doesn’t have them.

1 Like

They are called a flow bottle I believe. You get them when you buy two stroke oil. (Too bad those don’t recycle well for window soap) I’m gonna order a couple here pretty quick if wcr has them stocked when I get more SCRIMS!

2 Likes

Sounds like a slippery mix man. I use the two cap fulls of a gallon bottle of Unger easy glide a squirt of dawn if I’m gonna use the wagtail much.

1 Like

I use the new stuff, but it seems to leave less residue than Dawn or Joy. Ultimately, I like the slip, smell, and use less than other soaps. Where I live, it’s attractive to the client as well.

I’m relatively new, so I don’t know how they’ve changed the formula aside from the fact they added glycerin.

For storefront work, I use bulk dawn 2x to cut grease.

How much do you use? It is concentrated, so don’t need a whole lot.

I’ve been cleaning windows for over 25 years. Have always used Joy. Tried Dawn a few times but hated it. Not enough cleaning power or slip. I find guys who are passionate about their soaps. Some are “Dawn” guys, some are “Joy” guys. Have not tried anything else but am willing to test drive the Costco brand. You recommend it?

1 Like

I’ve been using it for a while now, I like it.
Customers like the smell it has.