DIY Pump box/booster pump box

Unless the barb doesnt fit inside the hose…

Boil a mug of water in the microwave. Dip the end of the hose in for 30 seconds. Drop of dish soap on the barb. It’ll fit.

I’ve put 3/16” wfp hose on a 1/4” barb with this method

4 Likes

Has anyone found a suitable pump to replace the Shurflo Diaphragm Pump 8000-946-138? All the similar ones I’ve found so far have 3/8" male ports rather than 1/2", or the psi is only 45 or the flow rate is super high (like 5gpm or more).

Check with @jhans if he shows up again. Jeff set me up with one of his booster boxes and it’s perfect. When he and I were originally talking, he mentioned that he had talked directly with ShurFlo and had the new numbers and had ordered several of them. I don’t really know the details, but he has it down to a science.

@taxasrich jhans account deleted. new name: anon46335951 also eric

Yeah I heard. I’m just hoping he’s in timeout for a little bit.

Woe what?? He was awesome though! Man…I take a break from the forum for just a few months and I don’t even recognize the place anymore!

Well…soap wars are still a thing.

Btw, where has @wcs been? I haven’t seen him in forever either.

wcs account is still alive but has been on since may 22

Man I hope he’s ok. He was always one of the nicest people on this forum.

Someone checked in with @wcs back a few months and I think it was just he was covered with work and stuff. For whatever reasons, some found Jeff too pointed, I guess. I found him honest and forthright even when I disagreed at times. Ton of experience tho. I’m hoping he shows up again. Not sure what happened with Hoosier. We had a bit of a thinning of the herd of late. Kind of like a horror movie (or China) - people be disappearing.

1 Like

Clearly this isn’t a public forum for the benifit of the window cleaning community. It and us are simply tools by which the forum owners use to make a profit.

1 Like

If thats something you believe why do you keep logging in? Why not start your own “public forum”? Or maybe check out a Facebook group for window cleaners?

Didn’t you declare 3 or 4 days ago that you were leaving?

Im not asking you to leave or anything… Im just always perplexed by people who hate the place yet stay around anyway.

2 Likes

Even if that’s true … So What !!! Fee enterprises!
It’s nit like there holding a gun to your head and saying buy this or else. There products , an services are here to buy yes , don’t see anything wrong with that.
I think all the information seasoned pros put out in these forums are benofical for anyine in The public to come in an learn from. So I don’t know what your taking about.

Something wrong with making a profit? Do you believe your window cleaning business is for the benefit of your customers? They and your business are tools for You to make a profit. Now of course your marketing doesn’t say that, it tells the customer about all the supposed benefits they will receive with absolutely no mention of your profit making.

I’m going to try and answer this as diplomatically as possible so as not to get canned from the forum.

Personally, I enjoy the forum for the advice at times as well as the banter. Sometimes I can offer some input that is beneficial, but usually I just read and enjoy the opinions. That said, it seems that if someone offers a dissenting opinion to the moderators, it can seem personal. Thus, dissenting comments get deleted along with member accounts at times. The Gunslinger thread was a recent example. Someone asked a question about the product, a few people offered that they had had success with it and recommended it, then all of the negative vibe and vids started showing up. When anyone pushed back, the thread was shut down, the comments that offered a dissenting opinion were deleted and then it reappeared - as if no one had disagreed with the moderator at all. And this has happened on other threads as well.

I think this is what is irksome to some. Some come in here looking for unbiased advice, but often that can’t be provided. We can’t talk about other products or other shops here (unless we are trashing them).

It doesn’t upset me personally, but it can be frustrating at times.

Just my thoughts - please don’t delete me…

1 Like

It’s really rare that an account gets deleted but it does happen a couple of times a year. And then really only does happen when I find out that someone is undermining the forum as a whole.

With this situation in particular Im not going to let this forum be used to promote faulty product line with a horrible track record. The people involved with the thread have no real knowledge of the situation and were only looking to be contradictory. And I think thats a really bad thing as their opinions are going to cause even more people to get scammed and loose money. I simply cant allow this forum to be used like that.

1 Like

Yea I’m not super interested in this community being used to promote my competitors. It’s just not that kind of forum. It never has been and never will be.

We have many competitors that are also partners and they are welcome to participate here.

https://windowcleaner.com/communities/trusted-vendors

There are a handful of companies out there who are actively looking to destroy my company and I feel like I would be foolish to allow this forum to help promote them.

2 Likes

Over all there are very few rules here and I think for the most part I am pretty hands off.

Hi, Can you tell me the following:

1. Exact Plano Box to get/ Where to buy? (Dimensions)?
  2. Are battery’s allowed to be laid on their side like that (I thought the ACID will leak out if upside down or on it’s side…no?

I purchased this one and nothing fits :slight_smile: ??

Resized_20221025_160810 (1)

*PART # ‎1612 1
*Interior dimensions: 12. 5" x 6" x 8. 5" Exterior dimensions: 15" x 8" x 10"