Do you get much exterior only on resi?

This I’m sure is some people’s issues to. Let’s not forgot … some people just want to save some money too. They feel the outsides are harder, so pay someone to do it an we can do the insides.
Which is fine. Hey I use to cut my own lawn, but now I Barder with a friend. Whic is sweet cause I hated cutting my lawn, but I’m not paying someone 80-120 a month to do it.

3 Likes

Ya that’s oddd. Do you jace a lot of trees there ? I mean trees play a big part in how dirty some people’s outsides get .

Outside only would be a dream! I remember years ago, I had an older customer that only wanted the outsides cleaned. She said her housekeeper would clean the insides. One day she noticed some drips on some of the windows. I told her “That is on the inside.” Felt so good to say that. The insides looked horrible.

1 Like

I feel like they aren’t getting their money’s worth on exterior only, it bugs me so much. Especially when, as you stated, the windows inside are filthy and they are sometimes paying a couple hundred dollars and though they look a lot better, to a window cleaner they are horrible. I highly encourage in and out to anyone I work for. Though its easy to show up and bang it all out in 30 mins and leave in some cases, it feels wrong I guess ha ha

Yeah, I hear ya.
Just scheduled one today. I quoted outside only and inside/outside. They had the dreaded Pella interior storms/screens. Those Pella’s get a haze between the storms if they aren’t kept up with, and these weren’t.

They scheduled outside only. I don’t really like doing those Pella windows, but the job would look SO much better when I am done if they had done it all.

HAH! I wish. Yesterday, three-story, couple different porches to navigate, didn’t-consult-me-landscaping, 7 hours, exterior only!

Did you adjust customer cost for "didn’t-consult-me-landscaping."

2 Likes

That sucks! I’m talking about one story with minimal screens lol

I’m REALLY ocd, I used to do only complete cleans. Now I’m good with exterior ONLY’S.

4 Likes

Even though it bugs me, I am happy to deposit that check. I just have to tell myself that THEY are happy, and I got paid.

5 Likes

Hah! Of course. There’s a charge for that.

1 Like

I don’t, but I slug my friend who is a landscape engineer every time I get a stupid set of obstacles in front of every window.

3 Likes

Well said! Very well said, I had to accept this and think this way also in order for me to feel ok about walking away from a noticeably dirty window because the other side was still filthy. I would even sometimes find myself trying to wipe streaks or stains off of the window during my detailing only to realize the stain isn’t even on the side I’m cleaning :joy: I’m just OCD I guess.

1 Like

Only up to the point of receiving payment. :wink:

lol … how about this . Just quoted this yesterday.

I Messed up the text. But you get the drift. Coo coo for coco puffs

1 Like

Pass!

4 Likes

My head hurts.

1 Like

I’d say something like “Call me when you know what you want done.”

6 Likes

I should of , but I sent her off a price for that mess. Didn’t put any thought to it at all was just like ok minus $70 :sunglasses:Sounds good. Don’t know what I was Thinking , but she didn’t answer me back hopefully she doesn’t.
If she does when I go there I’m handing her blue painters tape , An saying put a piece on the windows you want done on the inside :scream::flushed::sleepy:. Oh goodness Gracious the stuff wee deal with in this business, but I do love this business. :+1:

3 Likes

Yea, I had one last year that had me going all around with the “do this, but don’t do this”. Finally I told her “I’ll do the front windows and the back windows in and out for this price, I’m available Wednesday.” She took it. I was ready to walk! lol

1 Like