Do you have Fab. Debris info on your website for customers?

Just wondering if anyone has FD info, waiver, etc on your company website for customers to review.
Do you think this would be helpful for the customer? Maybe they would like to read some info before they sign a waiver?

Thanks!!!

We are trying to get more info on it. Can you help?

There are lots of threads here (see Fabricating Debris and [URL=“http://windowcleaner.com/vBulletin/construction-clean-up/”]Construction Cleanup subforums.)

Check out: Stop Scratched Glass - Home and

IWCA - International Window Cleaning Association - Tempered Glass - Home

Not only should they read some info (I provide the AUWC Bulletin), but you should have an in-depth discussion regarding heat-treated glass manufacturing, the fabricating debris issue, and the use of scrapers as a standard WC’ing tool prior to threir signing a waiver – make sure they understand completely.

But what about having a page on your website dedicated to Fab. Debris info. On that page you could have the bulletins, some Dan Fields info, your waiver, etc.
Just wondering if it would be a good idea to have that info on your website.

What do you think?

I think it would be beneficial to have a page on your website that explains Fabricating Debris. Your customers could read more info about it and view pictures. They would also have the option to print the waiver and have it already signed when you get to their house. Instead of just hearing you talk about the fabricating debris issue, they will also be able to see it. Fabricating debris has a huge affect on the way we clean glass and run the business…it would be good to have a page dedicated to it.

Larry makes some excellent points. Here’s what I have on my site - A New View Window Cleaning - Resources/Links
Down on the left column I have a heading Scratched Glass Issues where I have links for them to find more info.

Brian brings up a very good point. If dealing with FD is so much a part of the work; and battling the problem, and educating the consumers are so important, and web sites are so effective, why doesn’t it have a more dominant place on our websites?

While I can’t speak for everyone, my website is a marketing tool, not mainly educational. As such my website has to be designed to talk to the customer on an emotional level to get their business. Once I am face to face w/ them the educational aspect can be initiated.

So are you saying you can communicate with your customer on an emotional level when dealing with hundreds of dollars of cleaning cost, but you can’t when it comes to thousands of dollars (or more) of replacement costs?

Actually what I’m saying is that there is a time and a place for everything. FD is an issue that I feel deserves to be talked about face to face. The discussions on this forum on the subject are a prime example of this. So many times it takes multiple back and forth posts to help someone understand the import of FD and the myriad of variables that go w/ it.