Dog ear and 45 cut

Polzn Bladz cuts the rubber flush with the metal. That’s how he rolls. The metal hits the frame if there is NO rubber hanging over. His preference.

After cutting the 45 I use a little soap on wet Emory paper and lightly sand it to ensure that there are no sharp edges. That way should the squeegee end ‘lightly’ scrape the frame no damage is done.

Definitely don’t want it sharp. You’ll reach down to your boab and poke the heck outta your arm.

Are you guys leaving the rubber straight as is or cutting it a bit to match the angle you’ve cut the channel at?

Hi Mark. I cut it to length. Fit it and then trim to match the 45. There is still a straight edge of 5-10mm though.

Yes and read my posts about this coming to market

Yes I got your other message on YouTube. Keep me in the loop. :slight_smile:

You got a close up pic of this. I want to experiment tomorrow.

Mark channel is cut to 45 degrees, then filed down to smooth everything out. Next is rubber. Rubber is cut just shy of channel end Mark. You want metal slightly longer then rubber. Cutting rubber first to match 45 degree channel cut.Then cutting rubber to 90 degrees so pull it out past channel when cutting 90 degrees. After rubber on one side is cut push it back in. Now the other side of rubber. Take your time on this one. Cut rubber to 45 degrees then cut to 90 degrees. You should pull it out some for final cut. Just make sure the other side in good.

You will be kept informed my friend thats why i reached out to you. Got nothing but respect for you my brother.

My friend first off you should be testing this on many different windows because this modification works differently on each kind. Dog Earing is tricky, so dont bend too much. You can also use Unger Plastic clips about one inch in. They are not inserted at ends, place them on top and depending on results you can move them around. Polzn Bladz actually has rubber shorter then channel. This might be why your having trouble dialing it in. Happened to me the first time. Keep working it my friend it will get better. Just wait till Polzn Bladz new channel comes to WCR. All this modifying will be gone. Read my posts for more info.

Here’s a few shots of mine Mark. I personally like the rubber just ever so slightly longer than the 45 cut although the way Polz does it is excellent for windows with rubber seals. …oh yes, and trust me both of these channels are cut at 45. Camera lens has distorted angle on the slimline PC.

Well if it works for you then all is good. Mods are great. I didnt have any problems with 45 degree cut, little with rubber. Yes unger put a little dog ear on that channel. Guess what my friend its going to be coming on more and more channels soon. Spoke with PB today and this new channel will be coming out. No screwing around with it at all. Manufaturer will do it all for you. I find on Unger channels and Unger handles little pressure needs to be applied. Ettore Channels and handle require more pressure.

The revelation for me is the Widebody Flipper. (I took the pad off for the photos). With 45 + Dog I can use it on almost any window no matter how deep the frame. On a pole up to about 15 feet the control and feel is absolute. As you’ll see from the photo I’m using the Facelift Razrblade Rubber. The bulb sits really nicely in the Wagtail channel and the glide using ECover/IPA is superb. Watching with extreme interest the evolution of Polz channel design. Looks fascinating.