Dogear Squeegee Rubber with Zip Tie & Easy Way To Cut Squeegee Rubber

[SIZE=3]Thought it would make it easier to put these together.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]THERE IS NO NEED TO CUT OR BEND YOUR CHANNEL.
Here is a way you can dogear your squeegee rubbers using a zip tie.

Using a piece zip tie cable tie will not only hold the squeegee rubber in.
It will give you the effect of dog earring the squeegee rubber.

Found that there are different thicknesses in Zip ties / Cable ties.
All you have to do is see which one fits your channel and squeegee rubber the best.

Also when putting in allow ½ inch to bend the zip tie at right angle for ease to pull out to replace squeegee rubbers.
The end that goes in the channel put a bit of a wedge at end, to get it to go in the channel in a bit easier.

Have tried it on Steccone,Quad Pro and Wagtail channels.
They all work.
And would also work in other channels as well.

ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS GET A PACKET OF ZIP /CABLE TIES AND TRY IT, JUST HAVE TO FIND THE RIGHT SIZE/THICKNESS.[/SIZE]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-brM58Qxr8&feature=youtu.be

[SIZE=4]DIFFERENT WAYS TO DOGEAR SQUEEGEE CHANNELS / RUBBERS - YouTube[/SIZE]

Thanks for sharing.

Excellent ! Thanks

that’s cool!

[FONT=tahoma][SIZE=3]Since making the last video found that if cut the ends of the channel like in the video below.[/SIZE][/FONT]</SPAN>[FONT=tahoma][SIZE=3]

The squeegee rubber goes into the edges of the windows.[/SIZE][/FONT]</SPAN>[FONT=tahoma][SIZE=3]

Also you only need to put one piece of zip/cable tie on the leading edge of the squeegee channel.

//youtu.be/z-07ioaHvAs
[/SIZE][/FONT]</SPAN>[FONT=tahoma][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE][/FONT]

[MENTION=5063]HE MAN[/MENTION] If you dog ear your leading edge of the blade with this technique do you need to use a clip on the other end? I tried this out yesterday and it worked out wonderfully for a couple hours! But then I noticed I started leaving gaps in the middle no matter what I did. So obviously the ends were too bunched up and they were both higher than the middle. I’m jut wondering if I did this zip tie technique wrong (I think I did it right) or if I use this zip tie technique I can leave the clip on the other end off?