Empty Storefronts

Would if be the wrong idea to call a PM about an empty storefront in a small stripmall? I would think they would want them cleaned so it’s presentable. But not sure…help…

PM: “it’s the tenants responsibility”

TENANTS: “it’s the pm responsibility”

I call it the run around. Let em stay filthy or have fun trying to convince people. Your call.

5 Likes

Well atm there is no tenant. So i would think the pm would want them clean to be presentable. Maybe not often but occasionally

Give them a call. Report back the result.

4 Likes

My guess would be that most vacant shops are just dusty and vacant space. A lot of work goes in between the time the store is empty and the store is a store, which I guess must create a bit of mess. It’s worth a phone call, but my guess is that no one will likely care unless it’s in a disgusting state.

1 Like

Come to find out the landlord was 1 of the businesses in the mall…talked to the wife i think and she said leave a card and a quote and if the price is right they may consider it.
Now to just get cards…lol
Its 40 windows and 8 doors. I was gonna quote $350 inside and out…

2 Likes

Don’t hold your breath waiting for a callback.

3 Likes

Call away! Try your best and see what happens

Get your business name done and cards! Focus on 1 thing and then go get er

1 Like

@JohnC and @alexkjv33 no need to call the landlord is 1 of the businesses. Ha so just need to get my cards and give them 1 and a quote

This seems pricey to me.

2 Likes

I was going to say. I’d probably be around $100 or so.

2 Likes

8 doors x $6 each = 50 (48 rounded up)
40 windows x $5 each = 200
Then i just did half the price of the windows for the interior. Totalling $350. So 7.50 per window inside and out…no? They are like 8’ x 4’or so ill see if i can post a picture.

Storefront windows are usually like $1 each per side.

4 Likes

These windows would be $1 per side? Even with that little section on the bottom?

Would it be wrong to ask what the last company charged before i handed them my quote?

That little section on bottom counts as a window… Or more correctly, a pane. So each vertical strip would be $2, or $4 in and out. That’s just approximate. Every area is different of course.

4 Likes

I do a similar property. About 50 windows total. Outside only except for the owners business - 10 windows.
50.00 total every two weeks. Takes 45 minutes.

Hope that doesn’t dampen your enthusiasm.

A little. Not that i was hoping for a gold mine. As it would be 5 or 6 storefronts with more to come in the future as they are building a 3rd building. But i was going off the thought of $5 per window oso for windows that big…

1 Like

That is my next phase…pricing. I understand location will make it flux. But glad i asked here before i threw a 300-350 quote at them lol

Hey maybe you can pull that off. It would be sweet if your market can handle it. Don’t let our prices dictate yours.

2 Likes