Ettore contour pro +

2 Likes

Nice review…It’s been my only handle for 15 years.

2 Likes

it’s a good tool :slight_smile:

Good video, but I can’t stand that handle. Every time I’d try and use it, it would collapse at the wrong moment in my fan.

1 Like

I swear by it! Wish it was the first one I brought. Probably wouldn’t of brought any others.
Btw new to the site and an Aussie :+1:t4:

2 Likes

what’s your preferred channel in the contour pro plus

any slim line channel. It’s great for ducking under handles on doors, latches on windows ect :+1:t4:

1 Like

You know, you can tighten that up so it doesn’t do that…

1 Like

i found the adjustment for the spring didn’t really do an awful lot tbh, it’s a great solid handle though ;

That was my experience too Trad Man. The spring didn’t do anything. Then it would straighten out when fanning and throw me off. I bought two once and gave them to a friend. He threw them away. It does work good as a 0 degree handle however. And is very sturdy. I would rather have a handle that I could permanently set the handle angle at 45, 35, 25, 15, and 0. I think Moerman has developed a handle like that. Called the Excellerator.

Henry

40, 25, and 10 degrees

1 Like

I tried this handle when it first came out years ago. The main issue I had a it it, aside from the wonky spring mechanism that would collapse at an inopportune time (which really isn’t an issue as you would get used to it and learn to work with it), is the nut that holds the spring mechanism. It would just in a very short time. That never made sense to me that they wouldn’t use a not that wouldn’t rust seeing as how it’s a squeegee that remove WATER from glass. HELLO! WATER! RUST! I don’t know if they ever fixed that issue.

Aside from the rusting nut issue the rubber on the handle is a deal breaker here it TX. The summer heat here melts that rubber. I have several of their t bars that have the same rubber and the rubber is melted off and is just a sticky mess.

Other than those two issues it would be a great handle. I probably would have switched to it when it came out. If they added a locking mechanism to lock the swivel on the handle like the unger ninja handle I would even be willing to give it another shot. The locking swivel is a must have now that someone finally made one worth while.